Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:50 am

Yoda wrote:There will be blood - 8/10 - I had high expectations but it certainly lived up to the hype for me. DDL is a great actor and I can't believe he isn't asked to do a lot more movies. I forgot that he was the main villain in Gangs of NY. In any case, he was so crazy and unpredictable that in one scene I felt bad for him and in another I hated him.

* SPOILER *

After he beats Eli to death, is it assumed that he is going to jail? What happens next?

i took it as "i'm rich, now clean up my mess butler" not "i'm going to jail"

everytime i think of that scene now i think of the YouTube edit where it cues the Curb Your Enthusiasm music :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:14 pm

Eraserhead: ???/10

Honestly, I have no idea what to make of this movie. It's one of the most bizarre :-Xing things I've ever seen. The whole thing was basically an incoherent mess of really weird scenes and I had the nagging feeling that I'm not getting it. I watched it on a recommendation from a friend and she said it was an amazing movie. I guess her thought process is a lot different from mine. :-S

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:04 pm

Neato, I don't think you are alone. I don't know if anyone truly understands that movie. I do like a lot of Lynch stuff but not this one.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:38 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:Eraserhead: ???/10

Honestly, I have no idea what to make of this movie. It's one of the most bizarre :-Xing things I've ever seen. The whole thing was basically an incoherent mess of really weird scenes and I had the nagging feeling that I'm not getting it. I watched it on a recommendation from a friend and she said it was an amazing movie. I guess her thought process is a lot different from mine. :-S

Yeah I didn't really 'get it' either. Very bizare.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:07 pm

Right there with you, bro. I've heard from countless sources all stating what a brilliant and terrifying piece of work it is. Personally, I just don't see it. Then again, it's David Lynch so not getting it is par for the course. Most of his work is so out there, you either get it or your completely confused. I was never a big fan of his work in the first place, so when I saw Eraserhead I wasn't surprised that it turned me off. If you want to see a truly magnificent Lynch film, I'd recommend The Elephant Man.
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:42 am

i actually own this...but yeah, it's whack
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:55 am

The Usual Suspects was on AMC last night, and even edited for cable with commercials every 10 minutes it's a solid 8.5/10. Unedited it's easily one of my top 5 movies ever.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby thedude » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:05 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

Right there with you, bro. I've heard from countless sources all stating what a brilliant and terrifying piece of work it is. Personally, I just don't see it. Then again, it's David Lynch so not getting it is par for the course. Most of his work is so out there, you either get it or your completely confused. I was never a big fan of his work in the first place, so when I saw Eraserhead I wasn't surprised that it turned me off. If you want to see a truly magnificent Lynch film, I'd recommend The Elephant Man.

Yeah Lynch is one odd duck. I wasn't a fan of Eraserhead, it is like the The Emperor's New Clothes of movies: nobody sees what it is trying to do, but everyone claims to. I did enjoy his tribute to film noir, Lost Highway.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby NorthSider2 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:11 am

Saw Anchorman last night for the 5th time. It never gets old.

10/10
Thanks to soty for the sweet sig

Go Cubs
NorthSider2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby curious_george_43545 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:46 am

NorthSider2 wrote:Saw Anchorman last night for the 5th time. It never gets old.

10/10

People that don't like that movie have a bad sense of humor. Brick, where'd you get a hand grenade? I don't know... Classic. :-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk