Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:08 am

Amazinz wrote:Anyway, 2001 was a great year for movies. So many to choose from. Personally, I would have gone with Amelie even thought it was never getting a nod because it was a foreign language film. 2002 was much weaker but I still think Frailty deserved the nod. Can't complain about the nom for RotK. Not sure it should have won though.

omg you are a chick. Amelie was a good movie but not great. She never took her clothes off.

Return was disappointing for me mainly b/c of the cheap CGI used in the final battle. The ghosts or spirits that came and won the day were really cheesy and the battle as a whole did not hold a candle to the Battle of Helm's Deep. The first movie was the best "movie" with a great story, amazing feel and was a perfect stand alone movie. The second was great mainly b/c of Helm's Deep. #3 was disappointing b/c I was expecting it to have the best of both movies and it didn't.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:26 am

Mookie4ever wrote:omg you are a chick. Amelie was a good movie but not great. She never took her clothes off.

Amelie was great. I refuse to argue about this. Don't hate on me just because I'm in touch with my feminine side. The chicks dig it. Gone with the Wind is a chick flick too. Still great. *nod self* :-]
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jlm53089 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:39 am

Amazinz wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:omg you are a chick. Amelie was a good movie but not great. She never took her clothes off.

Amelie was great. I refuse to argue about this. Don't hate on me just because I'm in touch with my feminine side. The chicks dig it. Gone with the Wind is a chick flick too. Still great. *nod self* :-]

Dude you just kicked yourself in the nuts.
Gone with the Wind, is a 4 hour bore fest.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:58 am

That's OK. Mine are made of steel. I can kick them and not even flinch.

Gone With The Wind is one of the greatest films ever made. You are probably 17 with ADD. Perhaps someday you will appreciate it. :^
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jlm53089 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:06 pm

Amazinz wrote:That's OK. Mine are made of steel. I can kick them and not even flinch.

Gone With The Wind is one of the greatest films ever made. You are probably 17 with ADD. Perhaps someday you will appreciate it. :^

Actually I took a movie class in high school and had to watch it, I can easily see why it is rated so highly and is such a reknown film, I personally find it a waste of my time.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby tuff_gong » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:01 pm

Bottle Rocket - 7/10. This is Wes Anderson's and the Wilson brothers' first movie. Pretty funny at times, especially Owen Wilson. The story of kind of strange, but it is a Wes Anderson movie. You can tell it is his first and he hadn't quite refined his form just yet, but an entertaining movie to watch if you ever see it on TV.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Whisp » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:52 pm

ooh bottle rocket is one of my favorites of all time
C-MMontero/Iannetta 1B-Hosmer 2B-Kendrick 3B-MiCabrera/Rolen SS-Rollins
CI-IDavis MI-RRoberts OF-Bruce/Crisp/Hunter/Cain/Rios
SP-Sabathia/ClLee/Wainwright/Pineda/Hellickson/JSantana
RP-Putz/Santiago/Rodney/Lidge/Clippard
Whisp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:07 pm

Amazinz wrote:That's OK. Mine are made of steel. I can kick them and not even flinch.

lmao great comeback. :-D

I enjoyed Gone With The Wind multiple times. Probably one of the greatest movies ever.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:15 pm

Yoda wrote:I enjoyed Gone With The Wind multiple times.

That almost sounds dirty :-b
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby Yoda » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:19 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Yoda wrote:I enjoyed Gone With The Wind multiple times.

That almost sounds dirty :-b

I was referring to the movie not what I used to do after a night with ...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk