Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:50 am

CadensDad wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:saw 3 4/10

the departed 10/10

I still haven't had a chance to see Saw III, but 4/10?!? :-o

I saw Mean Girls today, don't ask. I'm not sure on how everyones rating them, but I would give it a 6/10.

6 of 10? Are you serious? You must have seen it on TBS. Go buy the dvd. It's well worth the 13 bucks. TBS must have left out alot of funny scenes. I'm a married guy and first time I watched that movie I felt like a dork. After twenty minutes I couldn't stop laughing.

That movie has hot girls, a pretty funny storyline, solid acting and ALOT of truth in it. besides the last 5 minutes it's sooooo funnny (But doesnt the last 5 minutes of most every movie suck?)

Go buy this DVD and you'll be back with a at least 8/10 rating or more.

The fact that they tried to pull off Ms. Lohan as being from Africa makes 6/10 more than enough, IMHO.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:07 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I don't know about rankings and that, but Miami Vice sucked. How about a 3/10. :-P

Boo! 8/10!
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:21 am

RugbyD wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I don't know about rankings and that, but Miami Vice sucked. How about a 3/10. :-P

Boo! 8/10!

How?

I'm all for cheesy and whatnot, but not when you're trying so hard to be serious. There were far too many 'artsy' shots for a movie of so little class. Not enough action scenes and too many 'riding in a boat with my hair blowing in the wind...'. I want a refund.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:09 am

Has anyone else seen Gramma's Boy? My brother in law rented it and I had little to no expectations but it wasn't bad and pretty funny.

7/10
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby Coppermine » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:26 am

I saw "Land of the Dead" last night on HBO. 6/10. I thought the remake of "Dawn of the Dead" was better.

What can I say, I have a soft spot for Zombie movies. Shaun of the Dead was my favorite though. :-b
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ironman » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:29 am

Just watched The Producers. For regular movies I'll give it a 6/10, for musicals I'll give it a 8.5/10.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:14 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
CadensDad wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:saw 3 4/10

the departed 10/10

I still haven't had a chance to see Saw III, but 4/10?!? :-o

I saw Mean Girls today, don't ask. I'm not sure on how everyones rating them, but I would give it a 6/10.

6 of 10? Are you serious? You must have seen it on TBS. Go buy the dvd. It's well worth the 13 bucks. TBS must have left out alot of funny scenes. I'm a married guy and first time I watched that movie I felt like a dork. After twenty minutes I couldn't stop laughing.

That movie has hot girls, a pretty funny storyline, solid acting and ALOT of truth in it. besides the last 5 minutes it's sooooo funnny (But doesnt the last 5 minutes of most every movie suck?)

Go buy this DVD and you'll be back with a at least 8/10 rating or more.

The fact that they tried to pull off Ms. Lohan as being from Africa makes 6/10 more than enough, IMHO.

I saw Mean Girls as well.....it was more of a highschool flick then a chick flick..somewhat funny actually I'd give it a 7.5/10. Lohan is way way way hot in it. I like her when she doesn't look like a stick.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby zepfan » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:20 pm

Babel - 2/10 I thought it was way too long and self-indulgent. It had this depressing-is-beautiful kind of feel to it and didn't really seem to have any point.

Still I feel like I got my money's worth cause I enjoy telling anyone who will listen how bad it sucked.

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:23 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:wow how can you give saw 3 a 10/10 and an 8/10...there was nothing to it...much worse than the previous 2.

Nothing to it? Multiple storylines going at the same time, a fantastic ending, filling in gaps from the first two parts, and staying true to the series, with even a longshot possibility of a part IV? What's not to like?

The only way I can see a rating of 3/10 is if you didn't like the first two, or don't like blood and gore. Which should make it an obvious choice of something you wouldn't want to watch anyway.

I'm going to go back and watch all 3 in a row and then rank them, but currently I've got part 3 as the best, the original in second, and part two as third on the list. Very well could change since it's been awhile since I watched parts one and two, but we'll see. B-)

Oh, and yes, I'm definitely rooting for a part IV. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:41 pm

Madison wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:wow how can you give saw 3 a 10/10 and an 8/10...there was nothing to it...much worse than the previous 2.

Nothing to it? Multiple storylines going at the same time, a fantastic ending, filling in gaps from the first two parts, and staying true to the series, with even a longshot possibility of a part IV? What's not to like?

The only way I can see a rating of 3/10 is if you didn't like the first two, or don't like blood and gore. Which should make it an obvious choice of something you wouldn't want to watch anyway.

I'm going to go back and watch all 3 in a row and then rank them, but currently I've got part 3 as the best, the original in second, and part two as third on the list. Very well could change since it's been awhile since I watched parts one and two, but we'll see. B-)

Oh, and yes, I'm definitely rooting for a part IV. ;-D

the twists were there but it was just so much different than the previous 2 i thought. it was more of a drama than a horror movie imo.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk