Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:32 am

Yoda wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
bigh0rt wrote: Not what I was expecting, but I'm glad it was what it was.


thats how i felt too.

catch me if you can was awesome, and given it was based on a true story makes it that much more incredible. i guess that was in fact dicaprio's turning point, because hes really a tremendous actor now.


Are you a race car driver? :-D


im confused as to what i said would make me look like i enjoy interracial gay sex :-? good try though i guess. ;-7
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:23 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
thats how i felt too.

catch me if you can was awesome, and given it was based on a true story makes it that much more incredible. i guess that was in fact dicaprio's turning point, because hes really a tremendous actor now.


Are you a race car driver? :-D


im confused as to what i said would make me look like i enjoy interracial gay sex :-? good try though i guess. ;-7

Guess some people will use any chance they can to bust out a lame gay joke.

Catch Me If You Can was a great flick and you gotta see Gangs of New York. ;-D
Image
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFootball Mod
Posts: 5207
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living vicariously through myself.

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:31 am

Metroid wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
Yoda wrote:Are you a race car driver? :-D


im confused as to what i said would make me look like i enjoy interracial gay sex :-? good try though i guess. ;-7

Guess some people will use any chance they can to bust out a lame gay joke.


pwnd by the football cafe! :-B

Well played met. We've been trying to get the football cafe to trade you but our offer of Yoda plus assuming the rest of Knapple's contract has been turned down flat :-C
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Metroid » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:43 am

Nice. :-b

Well you guys did sign Knapp to a pretty extensive deal, the guy has one good season in 04' and you guys are still paying for it. :-?
Image
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFootball Mod
Posts: 5207
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living vicariously through myself.

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:54 am

I have a no trade clause in my contract.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:00 am

Ocean's 13 - 6/10 - entertaining but not that great
Open Water 2 - 4/10 - the first one was so good that a sequel was needed. I have a very low tolerance for stupid people and these people stranded were S-T-U-P-I-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby urbanbreez » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:51 pm

Is this guy saying that those who think Dicaprio is a good actor, are somehow race car drivers? Pish. Nonsense. He's a great actor, you don't have to be a coal miner to know that:

The Departed: 9.4/10. One of my favorite movies -- EVER, even though they kinda ripped-off the story line from a Japanese script. The scene with Matt Damon and the psychologist in the elevator is perhaps one of the smooooooooothest set of pick-up lines ever captured on film.

Blood Diamond: 9/10 Oscar worthy film. Dicaprio uses a perfect South African dialect.

8.5/10 : I forgot the name but it's like a biography of Howard Hughes (a personal role model of mine) where Dicaprio actually, becomes him n' stuff. He just has Hughes down-cold and spot-on.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3200
Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles. U Jelly?

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:22 pm

urbanbreez wrote:Is this guy saying that those who think Dicaprio is a good actor, are somehow race car drivers? Pish. Nonsense. He's a great actor, you don't have to be a coal miner to know that:

The Departed: 9.4/10. One of my favorite movies -- EVER, even though they kinda ripped-off the story line from a Japanese script. The scene with Matt Damon and the psychologist in the elevator is perhaps one of the smooooooooothest set of pick-up lines ever captured on film.

Blood Diamond: 9/10 Oscar worthy film. Dicaprio uses a perfect South African dialect.

8.5/10 : I forgot the name but it's like a biography of Howard Hughes (a personal role model of mine) where Dicaprio actually, becomes him n' stuff. He just has Hughes down-cold and spot-on.


the aviator. and yes all great films.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:38 pm

My favorite is Titanic.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:34 pm

I'm tempted to move Yoda's last post into the Gay Lingo thread... :-D
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Sep. 18
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(9:10 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact