Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:32 am

Little Miss Sunshine Hilarious! especially the beauty pagent and Olive's dance...had to be one of the funniest things i've seen in a long time. only downside is that Toni Colette is not very attractive

8/10

The Squid and The Whale i really dug this too, none of the characters are very likeable, but they are all very interesting. if you like subtle depraved humor and depressing family situations, this movie is for you my brother

8/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:58 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:Little Miss Sunshine Hilarious! especially the beauty pagent and Olive's dance...had to be one of the funniest things i've seen in a long time. only downside is that Toni Colette is not very attractive

8/10

The Squid and The Whale i really dug this too, none of the characters are very likeable, but they are all very interesting. if you like subtle depraved humor and depressing family situations, this movie is for you my brother

8/10

I also enjoyed "Squid." You're right about the characters, I think the idea was to pretty much hate everyone and, at the end, decide just who you dislike the least. It was different.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bronxxbomber » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:16 pm

The Descent 7/10

It's a pretty decent rental. I don't think I would have had problem seeing this in theaters. I actually expected it to be much worse.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:27 pm

bronxxbomber wrote:The Descent 7/10

It's a pretty decent rental. I don't think I would have had problem seeing this in theaters. I actually expected it to be much worse.

I saw that in the theaters and had to leave the lights on for a few nights lol. Pretty good action thriller IMO. My wife hated it for obvious reasons.

My wife got Shopgirl on Netflix (lucky for me). She loved it. I watched the first half while surfing the web then went outside to wash the car. 1/10.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:10 pm

Beerfest - 7.5/10

Exceeded my expectations and kept me laughing throughout. Everyone judges Broken Lizard's movies against Super Troopers, which they're unlikely to ever match, but Beerfest is the closest they've come, and was light years funnier than Club Dread.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:46 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Beerfest - 7.5/10

Exceeded my expectations and kept me laughing throughout. Everyone judges Broken Lizard's movies against Super Troopers, which they're unlikely to ever match, but Beerfest is the closest they've come, and was light years funnier than Club Dread.

Club Dread was good cause of the boobies

Anyways!

Little Miss Sunshine

8/10 Fun Dark Comedy

Ricky Bobby

7/10 Eh funny but probably won't watch it again
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Tavish » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:03 pm

Clerks 2 - 7/10
Loved the original. Liked the sequel. The jokes seemed funnier when the characters were 23 years old instead of 33. Too much face time for Jay and Silent Bob and not enough silly conversations that somehow seemed meaningful. Still very funny from about the midpoint of the movie on.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:42 pm

Tavish wrote:Clerks 2 - 7/10
Loved the original. Liked the sequel. The jokes seemed funnier when the characters were 23 years old instead of 33. Too much face time for Jay and Silent Bob and not enough silly conversations that somehow seemed meaningful. Still very funny from about the midpoint of the movie on.

Randall is great in it, as usual. He's one of my favorite comedic characters of all-time, and his conquest to 'take back' the word porch monkey had me rolling. I'd give it a 7/10 as well.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:46 pm

The Illusionist 6.5/10
Good movie but I saw the ending a mile away and it took me about 45 minutes to get over Ed Norton's accent.

Charlotte's Web 7/10
Great kid movie with no violence or stupid animation for those of you with small kids.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby ensanimal » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:21 pm

mak1277 wrote:
OneLoveBoomer wrote:Pursuit of Happyness 8.5/10. Really great acting by Smith and his kid, and apparently the story sticks closely to the truth of what Gardiner did.

But, it kind of needs like an intermission halfway through. He has to deal with a lot of junk, one thing after another, and it can be stressful to even watch at points. Great movie though.

I thought this movie was really kind of boring...good acting, yes, but considering the subject matter, I feel like I should have been really happy for the guy by the end, when in fact that wasn't the case at all, I really just didn't care.

I have to agree with you here. It didn't end well. I would have rather them take out some depressing scenes, and add some to the end, seeing what he ended up acheiving after all of his struggles.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 113)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk