Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Mugrila » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:08 pm

Gone Baby Gone- I finally saw it and thought it was very good. 8.5/10
Last edited by Mugrila on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tuff_gong » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:24 pm

I watched Catch Me If You Can via Netflix because a friend told me that was the point when Leo "stopped being gay." So I watched it, and I actually really liked it. Both Dicaprio and Tom Hanks are really good in this movie, and Martin Sheen's character was good too. It was fun watching him bs his way through everything. I'll give it a 8.5/10.

P.S. - a while back you guys gave me some recommendations for good 70's movies that I should check out, and I am just now getting to them. Chinatown will be my first choice (never seen it all the way through).

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:27 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:The Love Guru - 5/10

Not a single laugh out loud moment in the entire thing. I really thought this would be over the top funny, as is generally the case with Myers, but I was severely let down. Alba is hot, it had a few chuckles, but definitely not worth seeing in the theaters. A renter, at best.

Myers was on Mike and Mike on Thursday or Friday morning. I swore he said he was most proud of this movie over all of the others he did. At least I think he said this. Was there hockey in this movie?

If not then it was "...Axe Murderer" he was most proud of but I really think he was referring to Guru. Probably trying to save what he could.

Yes, there was hockey.

JUNO - 9/10
I know I'm way behind the curve on seeing this one, but I borrowed it from my parents who got it on DVD and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not what I was expecting, but I'm glad it was what it was.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby jlm53089 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:19 am

Office Space- 7.5/10

Always saw bits and pieces but watched from beginning to end today and thought it was pretty good and pretty funny.

Too bad it failed in the box offices and was only popular on video, so people consider it a failure.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:03 am

Snakes Gould wrote:
bigh0rt wrote: Not what I was expecting, but I'm glad it was what it was.

thats how i felt too.

catch me if you can was awesome, and given it was based on a true story makes it that much more incredible. i guess that was in fact dicaprio's turning point, because hes really a tremendous actor now.

I really enjoyed him in both The Beach and Gangs of New York, prior to Catch Me... Agree, though, that he is definitely a top notch actor.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby cordscords » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:24 am

CheeseBeger wrote:Get Smart: 2/10 One of the worst movies I have ever seen, and I love Carrel in 40yo and The Office. He actually seemed right for the role, so I am putting blame on the writers. The movie is simply NOT funny. I almost left after the first 30 minutes.

Funny because I just saw the movie on Saturday and loved it. 8/10 from me.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:12 pm

Going in the waaaaay back machine here. I just saw "The Bounty" with Mel Gibson, Anthony Hopkins, Daniel Day Lewis and Liam Neeson. Talk about an amazing cast. DDL is like 26 years old in this. I've been told that this movie is the most accurate description of what really happened with the Mutiny on the Bounty. Everyone is tremendous in the movie, especially Hopkins who plays Lt. William Bligh. This is the first time I've seen Bligh portrayed as less of a villain and more the victim. The movie is really a frightening portrayal of what terrors can happen at sea, especially during such an uncivilized era of seafaring. Mel Gibson plays the Fletcher Christian role. Aside from the tremendous acting, the cinematography and score are superb. One of the best characters in the film is Vangelis' theme, which is both eerie and atmospheric. The music almost creates a feeling of solitude that begins from the opening credits and carries on throughout the film. The only letdown was the pace of the film, which was slow, but necessary in some sections. 9/10
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk