Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:38 am

The Incredible Hulk - 7/10

I am a sucker for the comic flicks, but I was entertained start to finish with this one. Norton did a good job as Bruce, the story was good enough, and unlike a lot of recent CGI fight scenes, I was able to keep up with everything when Hulk was fighting each time. Looking forward to a sequel.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:53 am

bigh0rt wrote:The Incredible Hulk - 7/10

I am a sucker for the comic flicks, but I was entertained start to finish with this one. Norton did a good job as Bruce, the story was good enough, and unlike a lot of recent CGI fight scenes, I was able to keep up with everything when Hulk was fighting each time. Looking forward to a sequel.

You didn't think the cartoony Hulk paled in comparison to the 1970s flesh one?
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:01 pm

AussieDodger wrote:

It really didn't bother me. I was a big fan of the show with Lou Ferrigno when I was young, but the CGI version of Hulk didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. In 2008, I don't think having a real person play him would do it justice. Also, this CGI version is worlds better than Ang Lee's back in '03.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:37 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:

It really didn't bother me. I was a big fan of the show with Lou Ferrigno when I was young, but the CGI version of Hulk didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. In 2008, I don't think having a real person play him would do it justice. Also, this CGI version is worlds better than Ang Lee's back in '03.

I watched this..........

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FE9MRxcN0N4&feature=related

and still thought it looked a bit cartoony. We'll have to agree to disagree.

This http://youtube.com/watch?v=KxwqRVvQugg is pretty unbeatable in my opinion. ;-D
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:37 pm

I have a soft spot for the TV show as well but I don't think there's any way to pull it off with Hulk as a real person and not have it be camp.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:52 pm

Amazinz wrote:I have a soft spot for the TV show as well but I don't think there's any way to pull it off with Hulk as a real person and not have it be camp.

Exactly.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby curious_george_43545 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:05 am

Movies I've seen within the last week or two 5 is average.

Rambo 5.5/10 Expected very little going in, got slighly more than expected. Film seemed like it was over in like 40 minutes went by very fast. Mediorce story at best, but more than expected. Decent action. Needed boobs in it somewhere in my opinion.

Into the Wild 8.5/10 Pretty long movie, but when it was over I wanted it to keep going. Also I actually cared what happened to the main character which doesn't happen that oftern in movies. Both very good signs and a good movie.

Beverly Hills Cop 6.5/10 Was on television and I had never seen the whole thing. One of the best themes songs ever for a movie. Such a BA song. Listening to Eddie talk was probably the best part of the movie, but the plot was nothing special nor was the action.

Pulp Fiction 9/10 Was on television and I love it so I watched it again. The dialogue is some of my favorite in any movie ever. Also the way the stories are told and fit together is done amazingly. I love the quote, one of my favorite in a movie ever, is when Uma Thurman says "That's when you know you've found somebody really special, when you can just shut the **** up for a minute and comfortably share a silence." One of my favorite movies of all-time even if it didn't have much of a point.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jlm53089 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:00 am

Hulk 7/10
Does not come close to IronMan but it is a good movie, and I enjoyed every second of it.

SPOILERS

On DVD, which will be a cut scene Banner meets Captain America.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby J35J » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:50 am

Recent movies...

Kung Fu Panda - 7/10 Solid flick....the best parts were when my 6 year old son would laugh/giggle out loud in the theatre and everyone in the theatre would laugh when they heard him. Good times!

National Treasurer 2 - 6.5/10 It was ok....I'm ok with some things that are far fetched in movies but when it just keeps going on throughout it gets a little old and thats how I felt in this movie. I was a little disappointed overall.

Jumper - 7/10 Solid flick...it was fairly original, IMO.

Dexter...the whole first season - 9/10 very good series, very addicting to watch. I can't wait to start on season 2!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 393)

Postby jlm53089 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:43 pm

The Happening-6.5/10
Better than I thought. I liked the story and it was pretty good but it was lacking something :-°
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk