Mookie4ever wrote: jake_twothousandfive wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:10,000 BC
don't ever watch this movie. it's not even worth explaining why, just don't.
I saw this movie in theaters. Your 1/10 score is generous. Bad acting + terrible CGI + historical inaccuracies = 1 Horrendous Movie
Historical inaccuracies? lol
If you're going to name a movie after a specific date in history shouldn't it be a historically accurate story?
Some of the more noticeable issues:
1) The building of pyramids thousands of years before their actual existence. The majority of the pyramids were built from 2500 to 1500 BC.
2) The use of horses in the film despite the fact that they were not domesticated until around 4000 BC.
3) The Chinese did not invent the crossbow until around 1500 BC.
4) The use of domesticated woolly mammoths to help construct the pyramids.
5) Small scale agriculture did not reach Egypt until 7000 BC to 6000 BC.
There are probably more issues that I'm not aware of. If they had simply named the film 2000 BC many of these issues would have been avoided (except for the fact that woolly mammoths would have been extinct by then). Some people can overlook all of these problems...I'm not one of them, there were simply too many.