Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:55 pm

Yeah the original is a classic. Great movie. The remake is 100 minutes of my life I'll never get back. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j24jags » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:02 pm

Yoda wrote:
j24jags wrote:Just saw The Wicker Man on tv, I'd give it a 2.5/10, not very good, very very weird and annoying at parts. Don't waste your time.

The original or the remake? The original was excellent. It was so messed up at times that I couldn't believe what was happening. So believable that it was scary.

I didn't bother watching the remake because it looked like they tried to make a horror movie out of it.

I saw the remake, it was horrible. I hear the original was very good but to be honest I am so turned off from this one that I want to wait a long time before seeing any movie that reminds me of this one.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:08 pm

Has Cage been in a good movie since Raising Arizona? Snake Eyes, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, National Treasure, Ghost Rider. How does he still get work?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:12 pm

Let's not go overboard. The Weather Man and Matchstick Men are really good films. Just to name a couple. He does put out a lot of stinkers. He's no Keanu Reeves but who is. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:15 pm

Amazinz wrote:Let's not go overboard. The Weather Man and Matchstick Men are really good films. Just to name a couple. He does put out a lot of stinkers. He's no Keanu Reeves but who is. :-D

I don't think that The Weather Man was a good movie. I never saw Matchstick Men, maybe I'll check it out.

The only entertaining Cage movie since Arizona was Face Off but that still wasn't all that good and the entertaining parts had nothing to do with Cage.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:18 pm

You didn't like the Rock? 8-o

I really like Weather Man. The big problem with it I think was that their marketing campaign was a lie. Suckered people into seeing a comedy and then kicked them in the groin.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Yoda » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:18 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Amazinz wrote:Let's not go overboard. The Weather Man and Matchstick Men are really good films. Just to name a couple. He does put out a lot of stinkers. He's no Keanu Reeves but who is. :-D

I don't think that The Weather Man was a good movie. I never saw Matchstick Men, maybe I'll check it out.

The only entertaining Cage movie since Arizona was Face Off but that still wasn't all that good and the entertaining parts had nothing to do with Cage.

Never saw Weather Man but Matchstick was a good flick.

Leaving Last Vegas was a good flick as well but yeah, he is in a lot of crappy films.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yanks_Baby » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:19 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:

How about you two settle this in a -hehe- Cage fight.

Hehehehehe

:-b
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:21 pm

Lol. Mookie is old. He would tap quick. *flex* :-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:24 pm

Dude, 12 PIM and a game misconduct in 3 games.
I've been practicing my take down defence with my kids. I can put my 6 yr old in a kimura pretty fast and my 4 year old can't get out of my omoplata. Bring it!
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk