Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby jlm53089 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:08 am

Batman Begins: 9/10
Watched it to get me ready for Dark Knight, I did not realize how dark it is.
It is a awesome movie and is all around tie with Ironman for best superhero movie.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Tue May 20, 2008 6:39 pm

Forgetting Sarah Marshall: 7/10
Pretty funny, but I wouldn't say it was as good as any of the recent Apatow productions (Superbad, Knocked Up).
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby WharfRat » Fri May 23, 2008 7:48 am

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull [7/10]

This is definitely the weakest out of the four Indy movies, which maybe is unfair because the first three were all near-perfect for what they were. But it's still pretty fun. The action set pieces are well done all-in-all, Harrison Ford is a little bit older but leaves no question that he is STILL Indiana Jones, and Shia LeBouf and Cate Blanchett are surprisingly good. There's enough quality to overcome what is really a crappy script and merit seeing it on the big screen.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazinz » Fri May 23, 2008 12:03 pm

I saw War with Jet Li and Jason Statham. I wasn't expecting a great movie just a fun action flick but this was really bad. So boring. 4/10
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 23, 2008 12:45 pm

OneLoveBoomer wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Why don't you tell us what Made of Honor is like? :-D

I put my foot down on that one. No way. I sit through Grey's Anatomy with that chump in it -- no way am I doing a full length movie.

Yeah, Grey's Anatomy too....the price I pay for the agreement to watch the White Sox whenever they are on, no questions asked.

Boomer I'm waiting for a review of the Sex and the City movie on Monday. Don't you let us down.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri May 23, 2008 1:15 pm

OneLoveBoomer wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Why don't you tell us what Made of Honor is like? :-D

I put my foot down on that one. No way. I sit through Grey's Anatomy with that chump in it -- no way am I doing a full length movie.

Yeah, Grey's Anatomy too....the price I pay for the agreement to watch the White Sox whenever they are on, no questions asked.

I think you need a 2nd TV.
Or stop negotiating with your wife. :-t
The furthest I will compromise is Gordon Ramsey shows (and Nigella Lawson shows boooiiinnnggg I mean nevermind :-D ) - sex and the city etc aren't shown on the main TV while I'm home.
The worst show a g/f or wife can like watching is Will And Grace. Even having to listen to it from another room makes you want to shoot yourself. Piano music-dialogue-canned laughter-piano music-dialogue-canned laughter-piano music-dialogue-canned laughter-PIANO MUSIC-DIALOGUE-CANNED LAUGHTER-sound of tv being thrown out of window. :-o :-o :-o :-o

:-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Amazinz » Fri May 23, 2008 1:48 pm

I wonder if Boomer realizes this is the running joke that is never going to die. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Fri May 23, 2008 1:52 pm

AussieDodger wrote:The furthest I will compromise is Gordon Ramsey shows...

I love Ramsey's shows. Hell's Kitchen is cool. Kitchen Nightmares on BBC and even the newer U.S. version is some of the best stuff on T.V. IMHO. I care nothing about the restaurant business but that show is like rapture to me. I have to avoid the marathons or I'll get nothing done. :-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby J35J » Fri May 23, 2008 2:31 pm

Amazinz wrote:I saw War with Jet Li and Jason Statham. I wasn't expecting a great movie just a fun action flick but this was really bad. So boring. 4/10

I warned you....
J35J wrote:War - 5/10

Extremely disappointed! I thought this was going to be THE action flick of all action flicks but there wasn't much to it????? I couldn't believe it, hardly any fighting scenes or anything. :-t
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 361)

Postby Amazinz » Fri May 23, 2008 3:20 pm

There's always the gotta see this turd for yourself factor... :-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk