100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon May 05, 2008 3:55 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:Forgetting Sarah Marshall: 10/10

hilarious movie, i'd put it just below Superbad on the funny scale... plus the chicks are super hot

does Kristen Bell pop her top?

you don't know how badly i was wishing it would happen, but alas

also, Iron Man was absolutely awesome, best superhero movie to come out so far by a large margin
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Mon May 05, 2008 8:55 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:also, Iron Man was absolutely awesome, best superhero movie to come out so far by a large margin

You know the previews must not do it much justice because everyone I've talked to has said the same thing. The movie is awesome and the previews do it no justice. I have yet to get excited about going and seeing this, because of the previews, but everyone loves the movie that I have talked to. I think its time I take "the boy" to go see it!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon May 05, 2008 9:49 am

nsulham wrote:Saw Iron Man myself and while I also enjoyed it I just wanted to clarify a couple things Mook and Y said.

#1, I think the suit Mook is referring to that Howard saw wasn't exactly a new suit but rather the original, un-painted prototype Stark before the paintjob. If it was a newer, and theoretically better suit, wouldn't it stand to reason that Stark would use that one himself?

I don't think that you are right. The original suit was with the Hungarian-speaking Arabs in the desert and later brought to Stark industries, in fact we later see the original suit right before the last fight at a different location. I think that the suit in the shop was a newer model that he just had not yet finished.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby jlm53089 » Mon May 05, 2008 1:00 pm

Iron Man 9/10

Best superhero movie I have seen, better than all the Spidermans and recent Superman and Daredevil etc...

I dont know if it will keep up with Dark Knight though...
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon May 05, 2008 1:55 pm

jlm53089 wrote:Iron Man 9/10

Best superhero movie I have seen, better than all the Spidermans and recent Superman and Daredevil etc...

I dont know if it will keep up with Dark Knight though...

I haven't really been all that hyped up about Iron Man, just thinking the trailers were rather cheesy in being tongue-in-cheek, but interestingly enough, I've heard resounding raves about it from friends who have gone to seen it. Think I'll give it a whirl this week.

I have greater expectations for The Dark Knight, with Batman Begins being terrific all around. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Amazinz » Mon May 05, 2008 2:39 pm

I haven't see the movie yet but... The suit Howard sees is War Machine's suit to be. For those that don't know, Howard's character Jim Rhodes becomes War Machine. Also, when the Samuel Jackson cameo first leaked it made sense since they based the new version on him in the comic: LINK. (Possible spoiler)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nsulham » Mon May 05, 2008 3:16 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I don't think that you are right. The original suit was with the Hungarian-speaking Arabs in the desert and later brought to Stark industries, in fact we later see the original suit right before the last fight at a different location. I think that the suit in the shop was a newer model that he just had not yet finished.

No, I know the original one he built while captive was taken by the militants...I'm talking about the one he first builds when he gets back to his lab and takes for a test spin...the one where he finds out if he goes too high in the sky the ice kills it.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jlm53089 » Tue May 06, 2008 12:20 am

Rhodes does become War Machine... but not this time around.

And am I the only who was screaming for Hasselhoff for Nick Fury, but Samuel L Jackson will make a good Fury, sort of like his role in XXX.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Amazinz » Tue May 06, 2008 12:46 am

jlm53089 wrote:...am I the only who was screaming for Hasselhoff...

Not something I ever expected to read at the Cafe. :-D

I barely remember that TV movie but I'm thinking it was not very good.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Tue May 06, 2008 10:44 am

After all the "best movie of the 70s" talk I watched The Enforcer again.

7/10

Not Eastwoods best work, but still good.
Favourite bits.......

When he says the woman from the mayors office is going to put on a show with a shetland pony. :-D

And:
"Here's a seven point suppository"
"What did you say?"
"I said stick it in your a__"

Next up........... Magnum Force (again :-D )
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk