Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Amazinz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:38 pm

There was this movie with Morgan Freeman and Justin Timberlake that I rented. When I looked it up on IMDB, it was only released in Brazil. I thought maybe Brazil was some type of testing grounds for movies or something. :-D

Also, I have been fortunate enough to avoid seeing Two Girls One Cup but if Al Pacino was in it... :-b
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:31 am

Wristcutters: A Love Story - Patrick Fugit kills himself and ends up in some crappy purgatory world and meets up with Shannyn Sossamon :-L who insists she doesnt belong there. pretty good, only 90 minutes but it was an entertaining watch

7/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby thedude » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:27 pm

Amazinz wrote:There was this movie with Morgan Freeman and Justin Timberlake that I rented. When I looked it up on IMDB, it was only released in Brazil. I thought maybe Brazil was some type of testing grounds for movies or something. :-D

Also, I have been fortunate enough to avoid seeing Two Girls One Cup but if Al Pacino was in it... :-b

You are talking about Edison Force, right? The movie with a bunch of moderately big actors that went straight to DVD.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:50 pm

That's it. Now that I look it up it was Argentina not Brazil so, so much for my memory. :*)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tuff_gong » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:15 pm

I watched Cloverfield last night with some friends. No real change in rating, just an entertaining monster movie. I'll say 6.5-7/10. Some really intense moments, a couple of lame moments, but a solid flick overall.

I think the highlight for me was... (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

...one of my friends claimed that he thought that after Marlena was bit and they made it out of the tunnels she would definitely make it to the end of the movie. About 90 seconds later...her head exploded. :-b

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:04 pm

Anyone see Into the Wild? It was pretty powerful I thought.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:10 pm

Amazinz wrote:That's it. Now that I look it up it was Argentina not Brazil so, so much for my memory. :*)

Just keep making fun of Brazil, you silly Americano. :-t
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:34 pm

Oh yeah, do Brazilians dislike Argentinians? :-o
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby thedude » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:40 pm

Yoda wrote:Anyone see Into the Wild? It was pretty powerful I thought.

I saw it. Pretty interesting movie based on a true story. 8/10.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:53 pm

Went to see Forbidden Kingdom on the weekend but it was sold out :-C So we went to see Street Kings. I mean it stars Keanu Reaves it can't be bad right? Wrong. Keanu acted the crap out of this movie, he made Forest Witaker look an amateur. Sadly the rest of the movie sucked strong. 2/10

First ever bad Keanu movie.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk