Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Mugrila » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:48 pm

I watched No Country the other night, and I'm not really sure how I feel about the ending yet. I'm going to watch it again before I send it back.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j24jags » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:05 pm

I watched Fracture today, I never saw it in theaters, but I did enjoy it. Some good twists, I loved Anthony Hopkins in it and I thought Ryan Gosling's character was very good too. I'd recommend it and give it an 8/10. ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:16 pm

watched reservation road today on dvd. pretty solid and kept me intertained. after watching ruffalo in zodiac and now this one, im starting to become a fan. id go 6.5/10 maybe.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:08 pm

Ironman Joke

OMG! Teh Oneun iz teh suxx0r!!1! Image
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Amazinz » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:29 pm

Apparently Sluggers is drinking at work again... O:-)

I just saw Reservation Road too. It was weird to see a movie with Joaquin Phoenix that I had never heard of and got absolutely no marketing. I thought that most of the plot devices were goofy but the acting by Pheonix was awesome as usual and Mark Ruffalo and Jennifer Connelly were excellent as well. I think this is a movie Yankees fans will enjoy because the moral of the story is obviously that Red Sox fans are very bad people. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:45 pm

Can't wait to see the new Keanu Reeves movie. Going to be awesome.

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:26 pm

Amazinz wrote:Apparently Sluggers is drinking at work again... O:-)

I just saw Reservation Road too. It was weird to see a movie with Joaquin Phoenix that I had never heard of and got absolutely no marketing. I thought that most of the plot devices were goofy but the acting by Pheonix was awesome as usual and Mark Ruffalo and Jennifer Connelly were excellent as well. I think this is a movie Yankees fans will enjoy because the moral of the story is obviously that Red Sox fans are very bad people. :-D

yeah i heard nothing about this movie when it was in theaters. the weird thing is i always see phoenix and think of him as a bad guy.

this movie was very strange for me emotionally. i found myself rooting for ruffalo and given the circumstances it just felt wrong.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:46 pm

I watched Inside Man on HBO this morning before class...really cool movie. I missed the beginning, picked it up just before the bank robbery began, so I'm not sure if I missed much. I hope to catch it again so I can watch it all the way through. Hadn't really heard much about this movie and I didn't even know what it was until I finally looked it up on TVguide.com after an hour of watching it.

I give it a 8/10 without having seen the beginning. Denzel continues to be awesome. ;-D
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:58 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:I watched Inside Man on HBO this morning before class...really cool movie. I missed the beginning, picked it up just before the bank robbery began, so I'm not sure if I missed much. I hope to catch it again so I can watch it all the way through. Hadn't really heard much about this movie and I didn't even know what it was until I finally looked it up on TVguide.com after an hour of watching it.

I give it a 8/10 without having seen the beginning. Denzel continues to be awesome. ;-D

the beginning kinda sets up the ending. i dont know if you want me to explain it or not to you, but it doesnt take anything away from the movie, it just adds more mystique.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby j24jags » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:16 am

I saw 88 minutes tonight, I'd give it a 7.5 I've seen better, but it was entertaining. It is pretty intense at parts, but I felt it was a little slow developing in the beginning.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk