Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby mweir145 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:29 pm

JTWood wrote:
mweir145 wrote:I actually kind of liked the ending to that movie.

At the risk of spoiling the movie...

I thought it was preposterous that a highly-skilled assassin that had only recently put two bullets one inch apart from each other in a guy's forehead suddenly couldn't hit a guy that was on the other side of a door.

Suspension of disbelief? :-b

But really, I can see why that might piss people off. I just liked how his death tied into the story he told to Max about the guy who died on the subway and wasn't discovered for hours.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:04 pm

Cronenberg's style just really suits my taste, I guess. The "plot" in Eastern Promises is fairly simplistic and is really a second-class citizen, much the way it was in A History of Violence. The ending seems to be polarizing. For me, it worked brilliantly and I thought that the "twist" wasn't so much a twist as the final piece of the puzzle to explain Nikolai.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby luckygehrig » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:31 am

The Mist - 7/10: I really liked the movie and how it followed King's book most of the way. The ending was an ending which the book didn't really have but it wasn't a very good one. There were some problems in the rest of the movie as well, but this was one of the better adaptations I've seen. I don't understand why Darabont followed the book almost word for word until the end and decided to write his own ending.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tuff_gong » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:16 pm

I re-watched All the President's Men last night. Definitely one of my favorite movies of all time (especially as a Journalism major). Redford and Hoffman are great together as Woodward and Bernstein, and Hal Holbrook does a good job as Deepthroat. The scenes where Woodward (Redford) meets Deepthroat in the parking garage are really intense and have you on the edge of your seat. It is really enjoyable to watch Woodward and Bernstein start from a couple names and uncover the entire Watergate scandal. Bernstein's constant smoking can be pretty funny as well. I highly recommend this one. 10/10.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RyanK » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:23 pm

street kings.... or whatever the new keanu reeves movie that just came out, really should just be burned. Reeves might be deported back to canada after it... a 8 for the action, -3 for the acting, 5 overall.
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby abrage22 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:30 pm

anyone see Shutter????? how was it
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:39 pm

tuff_gong wrote:I re-watched All the President's Men last night.

Love this movie too. Have it in my DVD collection. ;-D

RyanK wrote:street kings.... or whatever the new keanu reeves movie that just came out, really should just be burned. Reeves might be deported back to canada after it...

Tread carefully, friend. Mookie will ban you in a heartbeat. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby abrage22 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:29 pm

just got back from Prom Night...
I thought it was awesome! very suspensful... some pretty good lookin ladys in it too :-D
9/10 ;-D ;-D - it takes alot for me not too like a movie though :-S
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:03 am

tuff_gong wrote:I re-watched All the President's Men last night. Definitely one of my favorite movies of all time (especially as a Journalism major). Redford and Hoffman are great together as Woodward and Bernstein, and Hal Holbrook does a good job as Deepthroat. The scenes where Woodward (Redford) meets Deepthroat in the parking garage are really intense and have you on the edge of your seat. It is really enjoyable to watch Woodward and Bernstein start from a couple names and uncover the entire Watergate scandal. Bernstein's constant smoking can be pretty funny as well. I highly recommend this one. 10/10.

We watched that in Journalism about a month ago, and it was alright, but nothing special for me. I'm not a big fan of Hoffman anyways, but I also found it hard to follow the information they were gathering.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk