Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:12 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:Juno 7/10 - solid. humor was kinda funny and a well told story. pretty good acting as well from ellen page. ;-D

Just watched this and I'd say 7/10 as well. The little phrases they used were a little over the top, but overall it was enjoyable.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mugrila » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:31 pm

Finally saw 3:10 to Yuma and I loved it.

possible spoilers:

I even liked the ending unlike some people. I loved the Crowe/Bale relationship. I though it was kind of clear that Wade didn't care about his gang at all during the first robbery. Crowe did what he did to get on the train at the end b/c the boy called him out when he persisted that he "wasn't all bad." He got on the train to show his respect for Bale, and he knew that he would just escape once he got on the train or got to prison. Also when he's talking about going to Mexico with the bartender early in the movie gives me the feeling that he may have gone and left his gang anyway.

Also saw I am Legend, and while it was a decent watch, it wasn't great in my eyes.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:40 pm

Mugrila wrote:I even liked the ending unlike some people. I loved the Crowe/Bale relationship. I though it was kind of clear that Wade didn't care about his gang at all during the first robbery. Crowe did what he did to get on the train at the end b/c the boy called him out when he persisted that he "wasn't all bad."

Yeah, the guy that murders someone by stabbing him in the neck with a dinner fork was shamed by a boy calling him out. I mean he must have had a heart of gold because he threw somebody off a cliff for insulting his mother. Makes perfect sense. Completely believable.

Mugrila wrote: He got on the train to show his respect for Bale,

The bad guy with a heart of gold. Just like pretty woman, except instead of a prostitute he is an insane murderer. Makes perfect sense. Completely believable.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:00 pm

Wow. Mook is taking this pretty serious. Everyone stop saying good things about the movie. Mook is getting kind of old and I'm not sure he can stand the excitement. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:54 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Mugrila wrote:I even liked the ending unlike some people. I loved the Crowe/Bale relationship. I though it was kind of clear that Wade didn't care about his gang at all during the first robbery. Crowe did what he did to get on the train at the end b/c the boy called him out when he persisted that he "wasn't all bad."

Yeah, the guy that murders someone by stabbing him in the neck with a dinner fork was shamed by a boy calling him out. I mean he must have had a heart of gold because he threw somebody off a cliff for insulting his mother. Makes perfect sense. Completely believable.

The bad guy with a heart of gold. Just like pretty woman, except instead of a prostitute he is an insane murderer. Makes perfect sense. Completely believable.

lol, mookie own3d... i definitely won't be watching this movie
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:01 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

lol, mookie own3d... i definitely won't be watching this movie

Your loss. Crowe is very Lincecum-like in it.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby Mugrila » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:34 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:

Oh come on. It's not like he's standing outside of a walmart ringing a bell for the salvation army. He's getting on a train at little to no cost to himself for a guy and his son who really showed some huevos and stood up to him like not many would. Kind of like how Luke earns respect in Cool Hand Luke by standing up and getting the crap kicked out of him until he could barely stand up.

Its no Tombstone or Good the Bad and the Ugly, but it's a good movie, and it's not pretty woman. Cheer up.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby j24jags » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:36 am

jlm53089 wrote:I saw Drillbit Taylor last night with the gf.
And if you can keep the comparisions away from superbad then it is an enjoyable movie.
It was funny but then again childish at times.

7.5/10

I also saw Drilbit Taylor recently. It was better than I expected, I'd give it a 7.5 also. Definitely worth seeing if you want to see a comedy, but nothing to go bending over backwards for.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:24 am

bigh0rt wrote:Your loss. Crowe is very Lincecum-like in it.

OMG SRSLY?
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:46 am

Wife got Must Love Dogs this weekend.

If you want to enjoy this movie, you must hate good acting. Every single actor - even Cusack - just read their lines and got on to the next scene. It was utterly awful. Even my wife hated it. Turned it off halfway through.

0/any scale
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk