Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:21 am

The Illusionist 8/10

I wanted to see something else but I lost out and now I'm glad I did. I read some negative reviews which center around how obvious the movie is. The movie is fairly obvious especially since I think us modern audiences have been trained to unravel these types of flicks fairly quick. Still it's a blast getting there. I thought the atmosphere and the acting by Norton and Giamatti was awesome.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:04 am

Amazinz wrote:The Illusionist 8/10

I wanted to see something else but I lost out and now I'm glad I did. I read some negative reviews which center around how obvious the movie is. The movie is fairly obvious especially since I think us modern audiences have been trained to unravel these types of flicks fairly quick. Still it's a blast getting there. I thought the atmosphere and the acting by Norton and Giamatti was awesome.

I agree. This movie wasn't outstanding, but it stood out during a time of constantly subpar movies (or would that be, a time when the par for a movie had reached a new low :-? ). My wife and I still debate which one we liked better: The Illusionist or The Prestige.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:48 am

I can't wait to see the new Justin Timberlake movie! Way to start the new year off with a bang JT... "It's my ____ in a box!"
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby soxfan364 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:47 pm

I really liked Spiderman2, thought it was better than the first one. Although I do agree about the CGI, I have the same problem with the 3 new Star Wars movies.

JTWood wrote:I thought Spider Man 2 looked bad, so I never saw it. SM3 looks good, so I caught SM2 on television tonight.

-1/10 (to make up for AA's 11)

Utter cheese. Terrible acting. Overused CGI (see: Matrix sequels). Awful screenplay.

soxfan364
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:58 pm

JTWood wrote:I thought Spider Man 2 looked bad, so I never saw it. SM3 looks good, so I caught SM2 on television tonight.

-1/10 (to make up for AA's 11)

Utter cheese. Terrible acting. Overused CGI (see: Matrix sequels). Awful screenplay.

I'm seriously rethinking seeing SM3. The Green Lantern had a split personality and Aunt May's in trouble? Dr. Octopus has a split personaity and Aunt May's in trouble? Spider Man's about to have a split personality and... let me guess.

*gasp* I didn't see it coming! :-t
It is the Green Goblin. The Green Lantern is actually cool. B-) And I can't wait for SM3. Venom is the best villian in the Spiderman series.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:04 pm

Amazinz wrote:The Illusionist 8/10

Where did you see it? It is supposed to come out on DVD next week and in my queue.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:12 pm

At Carmike Blue Ridge in Raleigh. They get movies after they have been out a while but you only have to pay $1.50.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:45 am

blood diamond 9/10

really good...very effective..and i didnt have a problem with leo's accent at all.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sportsguy138 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:48 am

i saw rocky yesterday. i was pretty trunk tho and i was seeing two of everything, but it seemed pretty boring. all i remember was the fight and (spoiler removed). anyways im goin gto bed
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:32 am

i havent seen it lately, but Igby Goes Down with Keiran Culkin and Jeff Goldblum is a sweet movie...it's by far Jeff Goldblum's best work ever (well, except for the Fly maybe)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk