Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:49 am

tuff_gong wrote:Across the Universe - 6.5/10. I liked how the songs fit together, but I did not like the way some of the songs were changed. Also, one of the characters named was Jojo, so I was waiting for Get Back the entire movie and it never came. So that was disappointing. But some of the visuals are sweet. Bono and Eddie Izzard's cameos are pretty funny.

i just saw this...i liked it (except for the Bono cameo) and you get to see Evan Rachel Wood's boob ;-D . I also like how the movie paralleled the Beatles career, starting off clean and wholesome and turning into a pyschadelic period.

8/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:35 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
tuff_gong wrote:Across the Universe - 6.5/10. I liked how the songs fit together, but I did not like the way some of the songs were changed. Also, one of the characters named was Jojo, so I was waiting for Get Back the entire movie and it never came. So that was disappointing. But some of the visuals are sweet. Bono and Eddie Izzard's cameos are pretty funny.

i just saw this...i liked it (except for the Bono cameo) and you get to see Evan Rachel Wood's boob ;-D . I also like how the movie paralleled the Beatles career, starting off clean and wholesome and turning into a pyschadelic period.

8/10

I agree it was an excellent flick and done incredibly well. I prefer creative and original movies over popular ones. It was very refreshing.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:22 pm

Amazinz wrote:I really enjoyed Darjeeling Limited up until the point where the young boy died. The movie just stopped working for me there but I agree with your 7/10 rating (probably 6/10 if you're not a fan of his other films).

I just watched The Darjeeling Limited this Friday, well...sorta. I didn't finish it and I'm not sure I will. There are very few movies which I started watching, but never finished, and this might become one of them. :-o
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby tuff_gong » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:24 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:

8/10

Looking back, I think I was a little hard on this movie. I had enormous expectations, and I am one of those who Beatles elitist types who is very strict when it comes to Beatles covers. I was watching part of this movie the other day and I would probably bump it up a point or a point-and-a-half. Definitely better than a lot of the crap that is released in theaters.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:32 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I really enjoyed Darjeeling Limited up until the point where the young boy died. The movie just stopped working for me there but I agree with your 7/10 rating (probably 6/10 if you're not a fan of his other films).

I just watched The Darjeeling Limited this Friday, well...sorta. I didn't finish it and I'm not sure I will. There are very few movies which I started watching, but never finished, and this might become one of them. :-o

Why did you stop watching? :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:36 pm

Amazinz wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:

Why did you stop watching? :-D

I was bored as hell. %-6
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:56 pm

Definitely slow paced. I didn't finish The Royal Tenenbaums the first time I watched it. I was over my brother-in-law's house, we had a few drinks and the pace of the movie was just driving me crazy. I watched it since and really enjoyed it. I think all the Anderson films I've seen are the same in that you have to be in the right mood for them.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CadensDad » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:24 am

Anyone seen 10,000 BC yet?

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby statsman88 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:45 am

CadensDad wrote:Anyone seen 10,000 BC yet?

Everything I've read says "horrible and one of the worst movies ever".

My brother saw it and told me that It was absolutely awful
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mweir145 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:42 pm

The Darjeeling Limited: 8/10
I liked this movie (particularly the ending), and it's not like I like everything Wes Anderson does either (the Life Aquatic wasn't that good IMO).

Gone Baby Gone: 9/10
Great story (I didn't see the twist coming at all, though I suppose clues were there if you looked), one of the best films in '08, and Ben Affleck has proven he can be good at something in the movie business.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk