Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:59 am

Aristocrats was funny for 30 minutes. After that it just got old. 4/10

Shooter was good except the ending sucked. 6/10
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 380)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:01 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Shooter sucked. There was one scene with a marvelously nipply woman, the rest of the movie sucked.

I think you are talking about Kate Mara. ;-D :-L ;-D :-L ;-D :-L ;-D :-L ;-D :-L

boooooiiinnnngggg! ;-D

heh heh heh heh
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:32 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Shooter sucked. There was one scene with a marvelously nipply woman, the rest of the movie sucked.

Shooter was decent IMHO, easily the weakest among the last three Wahlberg movies, but much better that I expected. I don't know what was wrong with Danny Glover though, he seemed to have a pretty bad lisp during the movie.

As for nipply women in movies, Naomi Watts in 21Grams is still at the top of the list. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:31 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
Amazinz wrote:While Googling... I found out the We Own The Night is the motto on NYPD badges. I never knew that. If it was in the movie I totally missed it. Anyway, that seems like a rather ominous motto for the Police lol.

it was in the movie, albeit briefly.

Yeah, it was right at the beginning of the movie. I thought it was a pretty good movie. Marky Mark seems to be on a roll with The Departed, Shooter and We Own the Night.

Haven't seen Shooter, but Invincible and Four Brothers were also really good IMO. Plus he's the executive producer of Entourage. Wahlberg has become one of my favorite actors over the past few years. ;-D ;-D
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby dclark0699 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:47 pm

Apocalypse Now: 8/10 - one of those movies everyone should probably see at some point - but it loses a point because I felt it got draggy in the middle.

Death to Smoochy: 6/10 - Pretty funny, original idea - dark side of children's television. Interesting to see Edward Norton in his role.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:18 am

Kickin it Old Skool 0.4/10 much better than I expected. Jamie Kennedy is the poor man's Bronson Pinchot.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:43 am

The DaVinci Code - 3/10
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:35 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Vantage Point one of the worst movies i have seen in a long time. thankfully i kept nodding off but then a car crash or explosion would wake me up. the idea seemed clever but a plot might have helped....plus Dennis Quaid's acting was horrendeous
3/10

Margot at the Wedding it's no The Squid and the Whale but this dark comedy by Noah Baumbach had some funny moments. I've come to the conclusion that Jennifer Jason Leigh has to show her boobs in every movie she's in (i guess she doesnt in Existenz) but you also get to see Jack Blacks ass. Nicole Kidman is also in it
7/10

American Gangster too long. it was good but i never really felt a connection to the characters or really cared what was going to happen next. Denzel Washington might be the most over-rated actor next to Tom Hanks.
7/10

Darjeeling Limited i'm a huge Wes Anderson fan but this one would be at the bottom of the list for me. however, it usually takes a repeat viewing for me to really appreciate his films. I like when Jason Schwartzman licks his hand while he's with that Indian chick
7/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:15 pm

I really enjoyed Darjeeling Limited up until the point where the young boy died. The movie just stopped working for me there but I agree with your 7/10 rating (probably 6/10 if you're not a fan of his other films).

I finally got to see Southland Tales and was really disappointed. It got panned critically but was starting to build up a cult following and I was hoping I would fall into that group. I'm a huge fan of Donnie Darko. However, this movie is just a meandering mess. It feels like it was made specifically so people could discuss it and examine the symbolism. This is a bad foundation for a movie. People analyze movies they love, not the other way around. I'll give it a 6/10 just due to all the eye candy, characters that are thoroughly enjoyable and my (everyone's?) favorite quote, "I'm a pimp... and pimps don't commit suicide."
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby abrage22 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:04 am

The Messangers was pretty good ;-D .
8/10
abrage22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk