Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:50 pm

thedude wrote:Strange Wilderness: 1/10

This is one of the worst movies i have ever seen in my entire life. The acting looked like something you might see in a junior high class play. The directing was awful. There was no plot (or what plot it had was stupid). There were a few random bits which added nothing (example: "we are going in circles." "that map is a mirror image, hold it upside down." "Okay."). worse the jokes weren't even funny. There were a couple of small laughs early on, but they got real tiring real quick. Overall the movie was just stupid and not funny. It was a huge waste of time and money. I really don't know why i saw this (my girl friend's friend's idea), i should have seen There Will Be Blood a second time.

Had you seen any of the commercials beforehand? They've been playing them to death around here, and it's pretty obvious the movie is completely stupid. The guy in it from Superbad just seems to do an annoying laugh every time they showed him. Based on the trailer I'm surprised anyone went to see it.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ThatDude » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:07 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Based on the trailer I'm surprised anyone went to see it.

I quit being surprised by the stupidity of the unwashed masses a long time ago.

Exhibit 8492374394523442 -- Meet The Spartans was the #1 grossing movie last weekend.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:50 pm

That way I see it, kids dominate this industry (at least the aspect that is concerned with theatrical releases). With children and teens being the dominant consumer I think it's pretty clear why movies like Meet the Spartans fair so well early on and "good" movies do better after DVD release.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:26 pm

Juno i loved it...funny, cool soundtrack
9/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:01 pm

No Country for Old Men - 5/10
From the point where Anton is cleaning up his leg forward, I was pretty much just disinterested and bored. Maybe I'm not intellectual enough or deep thinking enough to be captivated for the entirety of the movi, but for me, it just didn't do it, and I'm disappointed that I chose to see it instead of There Will Be Blood. A waste of $6.50 (matinee), even if I'm in the minority.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby Amazinz » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:00 pm

Just different strokes for different folks, I imagine. I doubt it's because you're not smart enough. It still boggles my mind that Adaptation received universal acclaim.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:32 pm

I just saw two-thirds of Monster.

Wow. How could the make-up department make something so pretty into something so ugly?
And her performance......... :-o
That was a very real and creepy psycho performance, I don't think I'd want to be Charlizes boyfriend now.

The bits that I saw 8/10
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:17 am

yeah its actually pretty awesome that she can appear that way...

i just saw smokin aces last night... ill go 5.5/10

i felt like it tried to be complex and have a huge twist but it wasnt really all that cool or in-depth. it was entertaining though. i think another disappointing aspect was that there wasnt really a main character. with a cast with all those names, none of them had a big enough part to be connected to.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:23 am

AussieDodger wrote:I just saw two-thirds of Monster.

Wow. How could the make-up department make something so pretty into something so ugly?
And her performance......... :-o
That was a very real and creepy psycho performance, I don't think I'd want to be Charlizes boyfriend now.

The bits that I saw 8/10

I had to turn it off when she was getting torn up by the tire iron... I was going to be sick to my stomach... very powerful, what I did see, though.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby statsman88 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:50 am

bigh0rt wrote:No Country for Old Men - 5/10
From the point where Anton is cleaning up his leg forward, I was pretty much just disinterested and bored. Maybe I'm not intellectual enough or deep thinking enough to be captivated for the entirety of the movi, but for me, it just didn't do it, and I'm disappointed that I chose to see it instead of There Will Be Blood. A waste of $6.50 (matinee), even if I'm in the minority.

I'm not sure if you didn't like No Country you would like TWBB, kinda similar story telling IMO. Long, and visual, and (spoiler) not a 'good guy gets bad guy in the end' type of movie. just my 2 cents. I do recommend There will be blood, but I'd recommend No Country as well

Just saw 'There Will Be Blood' - 9/10
Really enjoyed it and it was extremely well-made and it goes with out saying what Daniel Day Lewis did. Should win best picture and actor IMO
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk