Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby zepfan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:32 pm

Idiocracy - 8/10

I'd never even heard of this this one till my friend put it on. The idea is that evolution of man begins to regress since smart people are too careful with having children while the more primal types are having children at alarming rates. The movie takes places 500 years in the future and shows what happens when dumb people breed so much that they eventually run America.

It's a Mike Judge film but not quite as subtle as some of his other stuff. I liked it quite a bit. It's got a good social commentary kind of angle and part of the fun is that it's so ridiculous. Good fun but also kind of makes you wonder what the long-term future has in store. Almost makes me glad I won't be around to see it. :-o :-S :-b

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:17 pm

Knocked Up

Lame, really lame.

Positives:
The husband gets caught doing a fantasy baseball draft! Quote - "I got Matsui" HA HA.

Negatives:
Lots.
Half way through the movie it turns into an oestrogen fuelled whinge-fest. Quote - "I love you, but I don't understand the love"
Hear that clicking sound Judd Apatow? (the writer and director) That is the sound of all men mentally switching off your movie when they hear that quote. And never again watching your crud.

Another negative, this guy is in it......

The Black Hole Of Charisma

How is he in movies? When he is in a scene he sucks all the excitement out of it and you just want to punch him in the face. :-t

Rating: 2/10
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:49 pm

I saw Juno

It was actually pretty dang funny. It put a different spin on a serious situation.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JTWood » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:09 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:I saw Juno

It was actually pretty dang funny. It put a different spin on a serious situation.

I finally saw a preview for it last night, and I couldn't help but laugh at a lot of it. I'll check it out on DVD.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:40 pm

I finally got around to watching I Am Legend this afternoon. A couple of the inconsistencies bothered me a little and I felt like it could have been another 30-45 min longer. It scared the [mod edit] out of my girlfriend, she said she was ready to leave the theater when they were in the dark building after the dog chased the deer in there, she toughed it out though since she made me watch Enchanted with her. I've always liked zombie moves so I'd give it 7.5-8/10
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:48 pm

Pan's Labyrinth: I can't believe I hadn't seen this movie yet, but I guess I just kept forgetting. It was great, and I'm surprised that it wasn't even nominated for the best picture of '06, it may have been the best that year. It was extremely original, and had a great story to it.

9/10

Cloverfield: Pretty entertaining, and better than I expected.

7/10
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby JTWood » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:40 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:It scared the out of my girlfriend, she said she was ready to leave the theater when they were in the dark building after the dog chased the deer in there

That scene was awesome, wasn't it?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:04 am

JTWood wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:It scared the out of my girlfriend, she said she was ready to leave the theater when they were in the dark building after the dog chased the deer in there

That scene was awesome, wasn't it?

yeah, you had no idea what was going to come out. its funny, with i am legend, ive heard people say they really enjoyed it or really didnt like it. not much in between.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:30 am

mweir145 wrote:Pan's Labyrinth: I can't believe I hadn't seen this movie yet, but I guess I just kept forgetting. It was great, and I'm surprised that it wasn't even nominated for the best picture of '06, it may have been the best that year. It was extremely original, and had a great story to it.

9/10

Cloverfield: Pretty entertaining, and better than I expected.

7/10

My buddy has been on me to see it. I guess I will have to check it out finally
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thedude » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:29 am

mweir145 wrote:Pan's Labyrinth: I can't believe I hadn't seen this movie yet, but I guess I just kept forgetting. It was great, and I'm surprised that it wasn't even nominated for the best picture of '06, it may have been the best that year. It was extremely original, and had a great story to it.

9/10

Awesome movie, one of the best from that year. However i hate how Guillermo del Toro is following up such a great work with Hellboy 2. :-P You finally made a great film which achieved world-wide acclaim, you don't have to make another disgraceful b-movie.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk