Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:35 pm

The Bourne Ultimatum - 9/10

I really enjoyed it, though some of the fight scenes get to be comical in length. Also all the camera movement during the car scenes starts to give me a headache. Despite that, a very fitting end to the trilogy.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:35 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:The Bourne Ultimatum - 9/10

I really enjoyed it, though some of the fight scenes get to be comical in length. Also all the camera movement during the car scenes starts to give me a headache. Despite that, a very fitting end to the trilogy.

I loved this movie and the Bourne trilogy very much. The style of almost freehand camerawork for the chase scenes takes a little getting used to but it does make it more realistic.

I've just finished reading the bourne books by Robert Ludlum and I've got to say that they really really suck. This is the only series of books made into movies that I can remember where the movies are significantly better than the books. The movie makers were smart and hardly used Ludlum's stupid stories, plot lines or dialogue at all. The only thing that they used were characters and they killed off important characters when Ludlum didn't and introduced new, better characters. Avoid the books just see the movies.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 283)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:16 pm

Superbad- 10/10 Hilarious

Live Free or Die Hard- 8.5/10 I'll be honest and say I've never seen any of the other Die Hards. It wasn't a great movie, but it was really entertaining for me.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 58)

Postby mweir145 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:02 am

I am Legend: A decent movie that had a lot of unfufiled potential. It was entertaining, but nothing particularly special.
7/10

28 Days Later: A pretty good post-apocalyptic "zombie" film that was much better than most in this genre. It tailed off towards the end as the meaning of it all left as the violence picked up, but I enjoyed it.
8/10

28 Weeks Later: The sequel to the above movie, and fairly similar to it. It wasn't nearly as "deep" as the previous one, but you can say it never got boring.
7/10

Dr. Strangelove: A hilarious movie about an impending nucleur war from the 60s with some great lines and scenes. It definitely deserves to be called a classic.
9/10

Charlie Wilson's War: This satire had some great dialogue in the screenplay written by Aaron Sorkin, which brought some humour to the serious story about Afganistan during the Soviet invasion and the Americans attempt at fighting back in that country through covert operations. Hoffman (especially) and Hanks were great in their roles.
8/10
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby J35J » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:41 am

SuperBad - 7/10

I'm not sure if its just because I'm getting older or if it is because they don't make movies like they used too but I was kinda dissappointed with SuperBad. Sure there was some good parts but overall it wasn't anything great, IMO.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby Amazinz » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:15 pm

I was a little disappointed in Superbad too although I still enjoyed it. I think it's because I was late to the party. It's not often a movie gets that much hype and lives up to it. Still pretty funny. I gave it 7/10 as well.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:40 am

I watched SuperBad last night. I like BJ and semen jokes as much as the next guy, but 99% of the material in the movie was just the kids saying "I want a BJ" or "Semen... HAHA". The previews showed pretty much every funny part of the movie. Severely disappointed.

2/10

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Postby J35J » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:56 am

The Bourne Ultimatum - 7/10 Solid flick but I didn't ever really say WOW. Glad I watched it but it is what it is, just a solid action flick

**SLIGHT SPOILER BELOW**

28 Weeks Later - 6.5/10 Not quite as good as the first. Why in the world would you move everyone together in a locked basement when you knew that you could get infected very quickly and once infected the chances of spreading it was great and rapid. Once they all got locked in the basement, "to be kept safe", I knew something was going to go very wrong, very quickly!!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby Yoda » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:03 pm

I realized that I hadn't gone to the movies since we saw the Simpsons over the summer. So we went to see No Country for Old Man and realized why. Lots of people... sick, talking, eathing, etc. We usually take a break when we watch movies at home to get food/drink or go to the bathroom so it was hard sitting there for 2 hours straight. We also usually go to a matinée and don't encounter a huge crowd. Anyway the movie was great. The entire movie was focused on the three main characters and cat/mouse chase. The hitman character was very Terminator like and gave me nightmares. I thought it was worth the hype: 9/10

Other movies:
Grindhouse Planet Terror 8/10 (ultraviolent)
Grindhouse Death Proof 7/10 (too chatty)
Pirates of the Caribbean 3 3/10 (awful didn't finish)
Stardust 8/10 (very Princess Bride like)
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:48 pm

No Country for Old Men - 7/10

Excellent movie. Enthralling. The ending sucked though. The screen went black and 200 people just sat there waiting for it to continue, when it didn't and the credits started rolling everyone together said pretty much HTH? Disappointing ending. I don't require closure but this was unsatisfying.

Saw two weird movies on DVD.

A Scanner Darkly - 6/10

Original and unique experience. It's live action that has been coloured over to look like a poorly done cartoon. It's a movie about drug abuse and the effects make it seem like you are on drugs. Creepy and cool to start with but it's a little annoying after a while. Great cast, Keanu Reeves, Downey Jr., Winona Ryder, Woody Harelson are all in their element and quite good. Not for everyone.

Perfume the story of a murderer - 5/10

Dustin Hoffman sucks. That guy has become a caricature like John Malkovich. The story was interesting (a perfume maker who kills women to take their scents to make a perfume) but unbelievable.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 283)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk