Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Yoda » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:04 pm

Rescue Dawn - 7.5/10 - incredible story about survival in enemy territory. I was expecting a bit more but overall a good movie.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:48 pm

Hit man looks like it could be totally badass or completely God awful. Whenever one of you schlubs goes and sees it, let's hear what ya thought -- keep in mind some of us have never played the game. B-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby JTWood » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:52 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Hit man looks like it could be totally badass or completely God awful. Whenever one of you schlubs goes and sees it, let's hear what ya thought -- keep in mind some of us have never played the game. B-)

I heard a review that said that they leave out interesting details about his past that you would know if you played the game.

Shame.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:22 am

laying in bed i caught the last 45 mins of the departed last night and feel like i like it even more. im sick of the fairly tale and cliche endings. i liked each of the killings. every last one of 'em. ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:16 am

Deathrace 2000

Great campy movie featuring a young David Carridine as well as a young Sly Stallone. This movie is NOT to be taken seriously. After all, it is about people killing bystanders in cars as a national sport.

It's a hand grenade!
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:01 am

Snakes Gould wrote:laying in bed i caught the last 45 mins of the departed last night and feel like i like it even more. im sick of the fairly tale and cliche endings. i liked each of the killings. every last one of 'em. ;-D

I don't think the killings or unhappy ending was the problem. The tempo at the end was a lot different than the rest of the movie. The movie also devolved into a standard B action movie and didn't carry the intensity that had been present in most of it. To each his own, don't mean to badger you about it. Just wanted to add that disclaimer, it wasn't the details just how the details were presented.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:31 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:laying in bed i caught the last 45 mins of the departed last night and feel like i like it even more. im sick of the fairly tale and cliche endings. i liked each of the killings. every last one of 'em. ;-D

I don't think the killings or unhappy ending was the problem. The tempo at the end was a lot different than the rest of the movie. The movie also devolved into a standard B action movie and didn't carry the intensity that had been present in most of it. To each his own, don't mean to badger you about it. Just wanted to add that disclaimer, it wasn't the details just how the details were presented.

I agree. I didn't necessarily not like that everyone died, I just didn't like how it played out. It was like all of a sudden after this long movie, everyone dies within 10 minutes and it's over.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tuff_gong » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:42 pm

No Country For Old Men - 9.5/10

Finally a movie that stays true to it's source material. This movie is awesome. Javier Bardem will at least be nominated for an Oscar.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:22 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:I agree. I didn't necessarily not like that everyone died, I just didn't like how it played out. It was like all of a sudden after this long movie, everyone dies within 10 minutes and it's over.

You hit the nail on the head Teddles. ;-D
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 16)

Postby JTWood » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:28 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Amazinz wrote:

I agree. I didn't necessarily not like that everyone died, I just didn't like how it played out. It was like all of a sudden after this long movie, everyone dies within 10 minutes and it's over.

That ending seemed logical to me. There were tons of secrets, and once one of them was exposed, the natural cascade of violence and retribution followed. The only thing about the ending that bothered me was the sheer number of headshots.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk