Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:46 pm

its american gangster not gangsta. this movie had way more gangster than gangsta imo :-b

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:51 pm

This is my previous posting The Departed:
The Departed - 8/10 - the ending was a bit overblown and there were some drawn out scenes but pretty entertaining gangster movie. Infernal Affairs, the movie that this one was based off of, was a lot better IMO.

So I saw this on HBO last week again and I must say that I would give it 8.5/10 now. I have to stop reading the book or watching the original of the movies first. Acting was very good as you can expect as Jack Nicholson does a phenomenal job as a mob boss with Leo and Damon equally effective in their roles. I thought Wahlberg was a riot in this movie. Every time he was on, he was saying or doing something funny.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:58 pm

Infernal Affairs is much better than The Departed, fantastic HK cinema! ;-D
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:36 pm

Yoda wrote:This is my previous posting The Departed:
The Departed - 8/10 - the ending was a bit overblown and there were some drawn out scenes but pretty entertaining gangster movie. Infernal Affairs, the movie that this one was based off of, was a lot better IMO.

So I saw this on HBO last week again and I must say that I would give it 8.5/10 now. I have to stop reading the book or watching the original of the movies first. Acting was very good as you can expect as Jack Nicholson does a phenomenal job as a mob boss with Leo and Damon equally effective in their roles. I thought Wahlberg was a riot in this movie. Every time he was on, he was saying or doing something funny.

dont forget about alec baldwin. hilarious.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby brewcrew4you » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:00 pm

Beowulf - 5/10

The reviewer in the Milwaukee paper gave it 3.5/4, and he is typically quick to pan this type of movie, so I gave it a shot. I don't think that I'm a fan of the motion capture CGI, and they should have either made this movie PG or R - there are many situations with partial nudity, but since it doesn't look real, its kinda dumb that they don't go all the way. The action was interesting, but the actual story of Beowulf is changed quite a bit.

The new trailer for Cloverfield was interesting, though.

Hitman, here I come ;-D
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:15 pm

Eww. The trailers for Beowulf looked so horrible, and having read the story a PG-13 rating was already its death sentence.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JTWood » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:36 pm

brewcrew4you wrote:Beowulf - 5/10

The reviewer in the Milwaukee paper gave it 3.5/4, and he is typically quick to pan this type of movie, so I gave it a shot. I don't think that I'm a fan of the motion capture CGI, and they should have either made this movie PG or R - there are many situations with partial nudity, but since it doesn't look real, its kinda dumb that they don't go all the way. The action was interesting, but the actual story of Beowulf is changed quite a bit.

I had zero desire to see this movie until I saw it was going to be out in 3D. Now I'm seeing it regardless. :-L
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:41 pm

I'm passing on Beowulf. I can get The Polar Express on DVD. :-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:06 am

Fracture - 8/10

Anthony Hopkins was great in this and there were some good twists.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:44 am

brewcrew4you wrote:Beowulf - 5/10

The new trailer for Cloverfield was interesting, though.

Hitman, here I come ;-D

I don't understand why they didn't just use real actors with CGI environment. They probably could have made it look a bit more realistic. From what I've seen, it looks like a video game.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk