Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby J35J » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:30 pm

Transformers - 9/10

I really didn't know what to expect with this movie......I watch movies for entertainment..... and this movie gave me this the whole way through. Not sure there is really anything bad to say about this movie if you want to see action and just a load of entertainment!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tuff_gong » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:41 am

I saw The Darjeeling Limited tonight. From my experiences, people usually love or hate Wes Anderson movies. I tend to lean towards the love side. 9/10.

edit: I'm on a movie spree recently, I am seeing The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford tomorrow night...I'll be back with my impressions. But has anyone else seen it? If so, what did you think?

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby josebach » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:47 am

JTWood wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:because of special effects, i'd give it a C+. w/o it, probably a D or F movie.

I didn't even like the special effects, particularly at the end. I had no idea what was going on in those fight sequences. They moved way too fast to be comprehensible.

I completely agree. It was almost like they were trying to fool the audience into thinking they were great effects even though you couldn't make out what was happening!

"Whoa, did you see that?"

"Yeah, I don't know what it was, but IT WAS AWESOME!!!" :-S

There were a handful of pretty awesome slow motion scenes, but it seemed every one of those was in the previews. And I really think the reason they call them "Transformers" is because they transform from "cool" to "annoying" every time they start talking. :-t
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby luckygehrig » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:40 pm

American Gangster 9/10 I really enjoyed this one. I generally like the "true" crime stories anyways though so maybe I'm biased. And I always appreciate when they don't try to cut a story down to the hour and 45 minute mark for most of America. if a story take 2 and a half hours to tell completely, I'm all for it.

The Kingdom 8/10 I didn't get to see the end of this one because my girlfriend went running out with about 15 minutes to go and threw up. :-* From what I saw though I really enjoyed it.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JTWood » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:38 pm

josebach wrote:And I really think the reason they call them "Transformers" is because they transform from "cool" to "annoying" every time they start talking. :-t

HA! :-D ;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Amazinz » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:06 pm

I thought Transformers was underwhelming. I like mindless action flicks. Bay makes some good ones IMHO: The Rock, Armageddon, Bad Boys, The Island. However, this one didn't really keep my interest. Nowadays kick-ass CGI is run of the mill so you can't get by on that alone.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:58 am

tuff_gong wrote:I saw The Darjeeling Limited tonight. From my experiences, people usually love or hate Wes Anderson movies. I tend to lean towards the love side. 9/10.

edit: I'm on a movie spree recently, I am seeing The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford tomorrow night...I'll be back with my impressions. But has anyone else seen it? If so, what did you think?

I love Wes Anderson movies, but I hope it was better than the Life Aquatic, but I love Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore, and Bottle Rocket.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tuff_gong » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:50 pm

The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford. This movie was different from what I expected from previews, but it was still pretty dang good. It was slow at times, but it's a western. Great acting by Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck. 8/10.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:15 pm

Clerks II 6.5/10
A lot better than the first one. Rosario Dawson is cute as a button but still these guys are not as clever as they think they are but the banter is much better in this flick.

edit: oh, and the bestiality in #2 is a lot funnier than the necrophelia in #1
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby RugbyD » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:06 am

No Country For Old Men - 8/10

Solid flick done in traditional Coen Fargo style. Great characters and not a complaint abot the acting. There are some loose ends left during the movie, but none that are needed for the story, though some people might want them tied up. I would advise that people pay attention to conversations that don't appear to be going anywhere b/c you might miss something, like the end of the movie.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk