Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:15 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:The Departed 9/10 - still have the last half hour to watch so it could go up. The cast is incredible.

It will go up.

10/10 easily for me on that movie. Awesome flick.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:46 am

The Darjeeling Limited 6.5/10 Saw an advance screening of this last night

It's the Royal Tannenbaums set in India. The Life Aquatic on land. All Wes Anderson movies are the same. If you liked those other movies, you will like Darjeeling too. It's funny but sometimes you get the distinct impression that they are trying too hard to be quirky. Some of it was laugh out loud funny some of it fell flat.

Maybe the best part of the movies was the use of the song Les Champs Elysees - great song.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:43 pm

Into the Wild - 8/10

Thought it was a great movie, better than any movie I watched this summer. I didn't read the book, but I'm definitely picking it up sometime soon. Great job by The Girl Next Door dude, Emile Hirsch. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:42 am

Cane Toads: An Unnatural History 10/10

Ryn reminded me of this documentary that I saw years ago. It's all about the spread of cane toads in Australia. They were brought in to control insects that were infesting sugar cane planations. The experiment went horribly wrong and the toad population went out of control. Plus their poison is a hallucinogen so young Australians took to licking toads. Absolutely hilarious movie. Strongly recommended.

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby sportsguy138 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:35 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:The Departed 9/10 - still have the last half hour to watch so it could go up. The cast is incredible.

It will go up.

10/10 easily for me on that movie. Awesome flick.

I saw that movie recently and it's easily one of the best I've ever seen. ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:56 pm

As someone else said, it will go up. The end was pretty awesome IMO.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:02 am

Mookie4ever wrote:... so young Australians took to licking toads.

Wonder if it tastes anything like Vegimite. Things that make you say, hmm... }:-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JTWood » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:22 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i saw We Own The Night last night.

Same here.

Snakes Gould wrote:kind of a hard movie to rate.

Agreed

Snakes Gould wrote:watching it, i was very entertained and was thinking how good the film was. even as it ended i was fully satisfied.

It was a little slow at points, but later, that slow speed helped to build suspense wonderfully.

Snakes Gould wrote: but then thinking back, i think about several plot holes or lack of plot, and some things just didnt add up.

I had the same feeling, but then it occurred to me that this was a character-driven movie with a mob plot wrapped around it. The entire plot with the Russian mob was superfluous to the development of Phoenix's character as he transitioned from a carefree partier to a cop.

Snakes Gould wrote: joaquin phoenix was great and wahlberg could have been used more but good performances nonetheless.

Yeah, I was really surprised how quickly Wahlberg was "out" of the movie. He really was a non-character.

Snakes Gould wrote:plus you get to see eva mendes' boob. ;-D

Meh. The scene was gratuitous, which always irks me, and her nip looked like a runaway freckle.

Snakes Gould wrote:ill go 8/10.

Going 7/10 here. Worth seeing, but not at the theater.

I wanted to see 30 Days of Night, but my wife thought it looked too gruesome. Plus, it had mixed reviews. If anyone's seen it, I'd like to know what you thought of it.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk