Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:24 am

J35J wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:It's not a new movie or anything, but I just watched City of God again. It's an absolute masterpiece. Probably one of my top 10, maybe top 5 of all time. Visually stunning, good storyline and plot, surprisingly good performances. Great flick!

10/10

Interesting. I never even heard of this movie. Its next on my blockbuster queue now though! :-D

Ditto! ;-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:45 am

StlSluggers wrote:
IllinoisBandit wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:the fact that everyone found him that annoying tells me he did a helluva job as that character.

No, pretty much just Mos Def being Mos Def. No acting required.

I like Mos Def.

I'm a big Mos Def fan but I've got to admit that he was a little annoying in this movie. It's like he was trying to be rainman or something.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 282)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:07 pm

Melo255 wrote:

Also for those who are capable of enjoying a great movie with subtitles:

Intacto: 9/10

Hard to describe but Amazon.com puts it pretty well:

"This sleek, stylish thriller suggests that luck is a quality we possess, like strength or intelligence, but the more fortunate among us can steal the luck of those less charmed. When a bank robber named Tomas is the only survivor of a plane wreck, the luckless Federico thinks he's found the man who can defeat the Jew--the luckiest man alive, a Holocaust survivor who sits at the apex of a weird, underground world of increasingly dangerous gambles. But on their trail is a police detective named Sara who's pretty lucky herself--and as she learns more about how luck works, she begins to suspect she survived a car crash because she stole the luck of her husband and child, both of whom died."

It's a great movie and is definitely unique. Well worth a look. My favorite part is the run through the woods - you'll see.

i saw this a few years ago...definately origonal but i'd give it more like a 7, but yeah, the woods scene was awesome

here's what i saw recently

Black Snake Moan
it was pretty good, Christina Ricci has gotten to skinny for my tastes, but she made a good skeez who couldnt get enough lovin and Sam Jackson was badass as usual, oh and i guess you have the whole plot which if i go into might give too much of the movie away, so i'll just say i thought it was worth watching and had some good performances on an emotional level
7/10

Hard Candy
quick synopsis, it's a modern day Red Riding Hood (but not in a Freeway sort of way...well kind of) anyway, internet child predator meets 14 year old girl, takes 14 year old girl home and get's way more than he thought he would....lets just say she wasnt as "dumb and innocent" as she looked
tough subject matter for some people to deal with, but quite an origonal movie and the acting and camera work are top notch...this is one of those movies that just drew me in and i felt like i was experiencing everything they were
strongly reccomend this to indie fans, although there's really only about 5 speaking roles and 95% of the movie is just the 2 main characters
all those To Catch A Predator fools need to watch this
9/10
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Yoda » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:05 am

28 weeks later 7/10 - 28 days is one of my favorite all time zombie movies and honestly didn't think this movie would match up. It's not as gritty and raw as 28 days but still has the same atmosphere. I love the frantic camera work in chase scenes which makes up about 70% of the movie. The last scene is unbelievably frantic. Highly recommended for thriller fans.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:35 am

finally got around to watchin zodiac. i loved it. it was long (which i like) and very in depth. i was completely immersed in the case and im probably going to pick up the book some time soon

Zodiac 8/10

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby shmolex » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:14 am

Just say Superbad today. Hilarious as heck, with many funny scenes not used in the trailer. Definitely recommended!

9/10
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:07 am

shmolex wrote:Just say Superbad today. Hilarious as heck, with many funny scenes not used in the trailer. Definitely recommended!

9/10

;-D ;-D ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 377)

Postby WharfRat » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:22 pm

Transformers: The Movie (1986 cartoon)
I probably don't need to get much into this by way of description; but it was a blast drinking Arrogant B. with my buddies and reminiscing over the toys. 10/10. ;-D ;-D
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Yoda » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:50 pm

Saw a couple of movies last week:
Harry Potter - 5/10 - I haven't read the books since the second one and I am thoroughly confused as to what the hell is going on. It's long and very confusing. Save your money and wait for DVD.

Bourne Ultimatum - 8/10 - lots of action and a great finale.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby brewcrew4you » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:24 pm

Bourne -8/10
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager