Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Coppermine » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:45 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i guess everyone has different opinions about movies. the departed didnt confuse me, nor did i mind the f-bombs. but if you didnt like the departed i doubt you would like goodfellas either dclark.

so let me get this straight

you like lifehouse and you dont like the departed or f-bombs?

insert falling milwaukee's best light can on your head! :-D :-b

Wait a second; who was it that likes Lifehouse? I heard his justification, but I still think he's mainstream d-bag. Not be condescending, but, really.. "I'm hangin' by a moment." Ugh, not only did that song suck, but it wore out its welcome in 1999. And if you claim Lifehouse isn't a one-hit-wonder, then you're simply not exposing yourself to enough music... or pop culture in general. I'm sure ever animated comedy has poked fun of them at some point; only that was 7 years go.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:26 am

if im not mistaken it was dclark.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:30 pm

16 Blocks - caught it on HBO. I enjoyed it a lot more than I suspected I would.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:36 pm

The Inside Man - 8/10
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IrishSox14 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:05 am

The Bourne Ultimatum: 10/10

The Simpson's Movie: 7/10
IrishSox14
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Melo255 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:40 am

This may not fit in with all of these action flicks and comedies but for those who can appreciate a movie like Casablanca, although these have nothing in common except for being among the best ever produced in the romance genre, here it is:

Before Sunrise: 8/10
Before Sunset: 10/10
My only complaint is that Ethan Hawk is a bit too feminine but Julie Delpy more than makes up for it.
As an added bonus if you watch these with a chick there is virtually no chance of not getting laid that night.

Also for those who are capable of enjoying a great movie with subtitles:

Intacto: 9/10

Hard to describe but Amazon.com puts it pretty well:

"This sleek, stylish thriller suggests that luck is a quality we possess, like strength or intelligence, but the more fortunate among us can steal the luck of those less charmed. When a bank robber named Tomas is the only survivor of a plane wreck, the luckless Federico thinks he's found the man who can defeat the Jew--the luckiest man alive, a Holocaust survivor who sits at the apex of a weird, underground world of increasingly dangerous gambles. But on their trail is a police detective named Sara who's pretty lucky herself--and as she learns more about how luck works, she begins to suspect she survived a car crash because she stole the luck of her husband and child, both of whom died."

It's a great movie and is definitely unique. Well worth a look. My favorite part is the run through the woods - you'll see.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:12 am

bigh0rt wrote:16 Blocks - caught it on HBO. I enjoyed it a lot more than I suspected I would.

yeah i enjoyed it too. i didnt expect much either. mos def definitely was great as an annoying pestering character.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:34 am

The Hills have Eyes - 7/10

This was just ok for me. I actually got my wife to watch it with me.....hahahahahaha! ;-D This was probably the first time my wife watched any kind of horror/thriller flick in 5+ years. She just doesn't do these kind of movies and it was a gem to watch it with her. She was shaking like a leaf through half the movie, I couldn't help but laugh at her. Good times! Anyway, the movie really wasn't even that scary or anything. I thought it would be more scary and gruesome but it wasn't as bad as I figured it would be.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:18 pm

It's not a new movie or anything, but I just watched City of God again. It's an absolute masterpiece. Probably one of my top 10, maybe top 5 of all time. Visually stunning, good storyline and plot, surprisingly good performances. Great flick!

10/10
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:51 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:It's not a new movie or anything, but I just watched City of God again. It's an absolute masterpiece. Probably one of my top 10, maybe top 5 of all time. Visually stunning, good storyline and plot, surprisingly good performances. Great flick!

10/10

Interesting. I never even heard of this movie. Its next on my blockbuster queue now though! :-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk