Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby statsman88 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:24 pm

J35J wrote:I'm on a bad streak lately....I rented "Zodiac" last night and I couldn't finish it. It was "ok" I guess but it was just too boring for me to finish, I'd rather go to bed, which I did. I'm not sure if I will finish the movie or not.

4/10

I really enjoyed Zodiac. I'd give it an 8/10. It was long but the movie was very well done. I was curious to see how they were going to give it a climax and ending because i knew that (spoiler!) the zodiac was never actually caught, but i thought they did a great job with it.
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:43 pm

Coppermine wrote:Inside Man - 7/10

Holy crap this movie was good, and I'd barely even heard of it and expected it to be dumb. It was a "Spike Lee joint," whatever that means, other than there being plenty of exposed racial overtones. It wasn't great, but I'd say comparable to 25th Hour. Also, is it just me, or is Clive Owen awesome? After Sin City, Children of Men and now this, I've decided he is.

yeah i really liked it too. my type of movie. i dont think ive seen a denzel movie that was under 5 or 6/10. he just doesnt make a bad movie.

does anyone else watch a bank robbery movie and want to do it, just alliiiiiiiiiiiitle bit? i mean, of course i never would, but the criminals are just always so cool.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby statsman88 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:07 am

The Simpsons-7.5/10
while its not histerically funny, its got a lot of funny stuff in it that keeps the movie enjoyable through the whole thing. And make sure you watch after the credits, perhaps the funniest bit is about 40 seconds after the credits start rolling.

Bourne Ultimatum-8/10
Yeah, its good. Starts off a bit slow, but really picks up and the last hour or so is awesome. One thing I didn't like is how he got in like 5 car crashes that probably would have killed a person each time, but of course Jason Bourne just walks it off like its nothing. Still, very good movie.

Live Free or Die Hard-7.5
Bruce Willis makes this movie good. His humor/attitude is awesome. Though some pretty cool stuff happens, they went a little over the top on some of his actions scenes and kinda makes you think "yeah...right". But it is a solid flick.
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:40 am

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 7.5/10

I probably would have liked it more if I hadn't just read the book. The main characters are spot on but the ancillary characters: the Dursleys, Cho, etc seem to be miscast. Excellent movie though.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby dclark0699 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:38 pm

Simpsons Movie - 7 out of 10....very funny through out. Enjoyable, classic Simpsons.

The Bourne Ultimatum - 9.8 out of 10....I just got back from this. Granted...I love the series, both books and movies,....It might be the best movie I've ever seen in theatres. Definitely the best sequel to any movie I've seen. It will probably overtake the original as my favorite movie of all-time after another viewing or two. Can't say enough about it....if you like the others, you can't go wrong here. Bourne is as bad*** as ever.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:40 pm

dclark0699 wrote:Simpsons Movie - 7 out of 10....very funny through out. Enjoyable, classic Simpsons.

The Bourne Ultimatum - 9.8 out of 10....I just got back from this. Granted...I love the series, both books and movies,....It might be the best movie I've ever seen in theatres. Definitely the best sequel to any movie I've seen. It will probably overtake the original as my favorite movie of all-time after another viewing or two. Can't say enough about it....if you like the others, you can't go wrong here. Bourne is as bad*** as ever.

best movie ever? id be willing to bet my life you are only one of a very very few who will have this opinion.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dclark0699 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:51 pm

In all fairness I'm 19.

A lot of "All Time Favorites" I've never seen or simply didn't enjoy for one reason or another.

And I did say best "I've seen in theatres" =P
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby brewcrew4you » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:22 pm

The Simpsons - 7.5/10

Funny, nothing special.
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JTWood » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:10 am

The Bourne Ultimatum

This movie is a 10/10. It's amazing. Best action movie I've seen since Batman Begins.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:33 pm

dclark0699 wrote:In all fairness I'm 19.

A lot of "All Time Favorites" I've never seen or simply didn't enjoy for one reason or another.

And I did say best "I've seen in theatres" =P

im 22, so we're in the same age bracket. have you ever seen goodfellas? or even the departed? an action movie like this cannot really be the best movie of all time. it can be very entertaining, but its not "deep" enough in my opinion for a title like that. i actually really liked the bourne identity but i havent seen the 2nd one yet, nor this one. i plan on it though.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk