Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby josebach » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:11 pm

I saw Sunshine this past weekend. Pros: I thought the effects were quite good, especially the observation room that allowed them to watch the sun. The music was excellent. Good cast and acting. It also had a lot of spirtual undertones to it which I liked. Cons: Really hard to follow in parts. They made one of the bad guys blurry for some reason which was pretty annoying. They went into virtually no detail with what was wrong with the sun or how they developed a spaceship that could withstand the heat.

If you like the space/horror genre as I do, I recommend it. If you don't, you should probably take a pass or at least wait for DVD.

I give it a C+
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:43 pm

josebach wrote:I saw Sunshine this past weekend. Pros: I thought the effects were quite good, especially the observation room that allowed them to watch the sun. The music was excellent. Good cast and acting. It also had a lot of spirtual undertones to it which I liked. Cons: Really hard to follow in parts. They made one of the bad guys blurry for some reason which was pretty annoying. They went into virtually no detail with what was wrong with the sun or how they developed a spaceship that could withstand the heat.

If you like the space/horror genre as I do, I recommend it. If you don't, you should probably take a pass or at least wait for DVD.

I give it a C+

Danny Boyle + Cillian Murphy? I'll take it.

Hadn't heard of this. Thanks for the review. ;-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:46 pm

statsman88 wrote:Memento-8.5/10Watched Monty Python's The Life of Brian for the second time and its quickly becoming one of my favorite comedy movies. Ive mentioned it a couple times in conversations about funny movies and no one that I've talked to has even heard of it much less seen it. Has anyone else seen this movie? I think its one of the funniest ever made

I liked it, but I think it was the lesser of Holy Grail and Meaning of Life.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:50 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
josebach wrote:I saw Sunshine this past weekend. Pros: I thought the effects were quite good, especially the observation room that allowed them to watch the sun. The music was excellent. Good cast and acting. It also had a lot of spirtual undertones to it which I liked. Cons: Really hard to follow in parts. They made one of the bad guys blurry for some reason which was pretty annoying. They went into virtually no detail with what was wrong with the sun or how they developed a spaceship that could withstand the heat.

I give it a C+

Danny Boyle + Cillian Murphy? I'll take it.

Hadn't heard of this. Thanks for the review. ;-D

i just saw a review on this, it sounded pretty sweet, probably something i'd just rent though which means i'll probably forget all about it :,-(
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:05 am

StlSluggers wrote:
statsman88 wrote:Memento-8.5/10Watched Monty Python's The Life of Brian for the second time and its quickly becoming one of my favorite comedy movies. Ive mentioned it a couple times in conversations about funny movies and no one that I've talked to has even heard of it much less seen it. Has anyone else seen this movie? I think its one of the funniest ever made

In my mind, I rank Holy Grail 1st, followed by Life of Brian, and then Meaning Of Life.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:04 am

mweir145 wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

In my mind, I rank Holy Grail 1st, followed by Life of Brian, and then Meaning Of Life.

The sex ed scene in Meaning of Life is so funny, but what it really comes down to is being chased by a dozen topless women until you run off a cliff to your death.

Life of Brian just doesn't have that. :-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby J35J » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:31 am

I'm on a bad streak lately....I rented "Zodiac" last night and I couldn't finish it. It was "ok" I guess but it was just too boring for me to finish, I'd rather go to bed, which I did. I'm not sure if I will finish the movie or not.

4/10
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 393)

Postby brewcrew4you » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:46 am

Smokin' Aces - 5/10

Could have been a good movie if it was 15 minutes longer, and they used those 15 minutes to fix the plot and and some more action. For a movie who's previous all had the line "they're going to pour boxes of bullets into (Buddy) Israel", there wasn't that much action.
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:00 pm

brewcrew4you wrote:Smokin' Aces - 5/10

Could have been a good movie if it was 15 minutes longer, and they used those 15 minutes to fix the plot and and some more action. For a movie who's previous all had the line "they're going to pour boxes of bullets into (Buddy) Israel", there wasn't that much action.
Amen.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby J35J » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:13 pm

Enemy at the Gates - 6.5/10

It was ok...it was the first movie in the last 4 that I actually finished even though i wouldn't have had a problem turning it off at any point. !+)

There just hasn't been very many movies I've liked the last few months!

I can't wait for Super Bad! !+)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 393)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk