Rate the last movie you saw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Rate the last movie you saw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Postby Coppermine » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:18 am

byfrcp wrote:I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry: 6/10

Idk if it's just me, but does seeing the same guys in EVERY SINGLE ONE OF ADAM SANDLER'S MOVIES make it seem like they are all the same movie? I mean Adam I get the point, they are your friends, now let them try to make careers on their own.

They tried. It was called Grandma's Boy. And it bombed.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:57 am

byfrcp wrote:I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry: 6/10

Idk if it's just me, but does seeing the same guys in EVERY SINGLE ONE OF ADAM SANDLER'S MOVIES make it seem like they are all the same movie? I mean Adam I get the point, they are your friends, now let them try to make careers on their own.

That happens a lot now. A bunch of people from King of Queens seem to follow Kevin James around, and there were like 4 people from the Office that appeared in License to Wed.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby statsman88 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:00 am

Memento-8.5/10
Sweet movie, one of my new favorites and highly recommended. Movie that goes backwards and has neat plot twists to it ;-D

Watched Monty Python's The Life of Brian for the second time and its quickly becoming one of my favorite comedy movies. Ive mentioned it a couple times in conversations about funny movies and no one that I've talked to has even heard of it much less seen it. Has anyone else seen this movie? I think its one of the funniest ever made
"Let's Keep The Friendly Confines Friendly" - Ernie Banks
statsman88
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:56 am

statsman88 wrote:Memento-8.5/10
Sweet movie, one of my new favorites and highly recommended. Movie that goes backwards and has neat plot twists to it ;-D

Watched Monty Python's The Life of Brian for the second time and its quickly becoming one of my favorite comedy movies. Ive mentioned it a couple times in conversations about funny movies and no one that I've talked to has even heard of it much less seen it. Has anyone else seen this movie? I think its one of the funniest ever made

Memento is one of my all-time greats, I think I've seen it like 5 or 6 times.

I watched Fulltime Killer a few days ago as noted in a previous post, and anyways it was awesome. A 8.5/10, if you like the whole Hong Kong action scene it's terrific, a lot of great action as to be expected, but also some nice references to other movies, Andy Lau who plays the up and coming assassin in the movie is fantastic. His style is great, I found myself rooting for him the whole movie despite him being the antagonist. Those not familiat with the movie it is essentially a movie about two Hong Kong assassins, one is widely considered the #1 guy in the biz, while the other is up and coming taking whatever work he can to show he is the best. Cliche plot I know, but the execution is great, and hey, it's an over the top Hong Kong action flick not a drama.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby J35J » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:51 am

The Last Kind of Scotland - 5/10

I didn't even finish watching the movie but that more had to do with me being tired than not liking it. With that said I woulda finished the movie if I was enjoying it.....it was kinda boring to me. I may finish the movie this evening but I'm not that impressed.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 393)

Postby Coppermine » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:24 pm

J35J wrote:The Last Kind of Scotland - 5/10

I didn't even finish watching the movie but that more had to do with me being tired than not liking it. With that said I woulda finished the movie if I was enjoying it.....it was kinda boring to me. I may finish the movie this evening but I'm not that impressed.

It WAS pretty boring. Definitely drawn out and a bit long-winded. Forrest was awesome though and the end was a bit disturbing.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:37 pm

Knocked up - 7/10. I loved the first 70% of the movie, but the last 30% where it turned into "Beaches" bored the snot out of me. It became a chick-flick!
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby luckygehrig » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:02 pm

Cape Fear 6.5/10: I thought this one was alright. I liked the psychological part of it even if bits were a little overdone.

Taxi Driver 7.5/10: Saw an edited and censored version of this, so I'd like to see it again uncut. I thought it was pretty good. DeNiro was great in it and the story line was pretty solid.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:12 am

Inside Man - 7/10

Holy crap this movie was good, and I'd barely even heard of it and expected it to be dumb. It was a "Spike Lee joint," whatever that means, other than there being plenty of exposed racial overtones. It wasn't great, but I'd say comparable to 25th Hour. Also, is it just me, or is Clive Owen awesome? After Sin City, Children of Men and now this, I've decided he is.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:38 am

The Simpsons - 8/10 - very funny with lots of familiar gags. Laughed pretty hard at times. Could have been better but definitely worth seeing for any Simpsons fan even though I haven't been watching the new episodes for a few years now.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk