pro athlete Comes Out OF The Closet - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

pro athlete Comes Out OF The Closet

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

pro athlete Comes Out OF The Closet

Postby thedude » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:03 am

December 7. The NBA is about to be rocked by one of the biggest scandals in league history. MediaTakeOut.com has learned that a prominent member of the New Jersey Nets has admitted to his family that he's bisexual.

In an exclusive interview, MediaTakeOut.com spoke with a friend of the family who claims the player "came out" during a recent trip home. According to our source, "when [the player] came out of the closet, everyone was shocked ... we would always see pictures of him with models. No one suspected that he was into men."

And what's more shocking, tells our source, is that the NBA player has entered into a romantic relationship with one of his childhood friends. The tipster explains, "the two boys were friends since childhood ... when [the player] went to the NBA, he brought along [the friend] as a personal assistant." The tipster added, "I don't know how to feel, I love them both but something doesn't seem right about them being together like that."

And the source tells MediaTakeOut.com that the NBA star's relationship with his former pal appears to be serious. The source explains, "[the player] could have kept it quiet and nobody would have suspected. He came out because he wanted us to accept his relationship." The source added, "those two have been friends for many years .. if their relationship is anything like their friendship, its got to be serious."

The NBA player, who is African American, has been linked to a number of women in the past - all of whom are Caucasian. He is also known for enjoying the night life with his teammates and good friend Tyson Beckford.

For legal reasons, MediaTakeOut.com has decided not to print the name of the player.

Developing...

http://www.mediatakeout.com/Exclusives/NJNet_Gay.html

Rumor is that it is richard Jefferson.

Yeah, I stole this from the Basketball side.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cordscords » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:12 am

RJ would become the biggest name in sports to ever come out if he confirmed this, yes?
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Re: pro athlete Comes Out OF The Closet

Postby Coppermine » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:13 am

thedude wrote:
December 7. The NBA is about to be rocked by one of the biggest scandals in league history. MediaTakeOut.com has learned that a prominent member of the New Jersey Nets has admitted to his family that he's bisexual.

In an exclusive interview, MediaTakeOut.com spoke with a friend of the family who claims the player "came out" during a recent trip home. According to our source, "when [the player] came out of the closet, everyone was shocked ... we would always see pictures of him with models. No one suspected that he was into men."

And what's more shocking, tells our source, is that the NBA player has entered into a romantic relationship with one of his childhood friends. The tipster explains, "the two boys were friends since childhood ... when [the player] went to the NBA, he brought along [the friend] as a personal assistant." The tipster added, "I don't know how to feel, I love them both but something doesn't seem right about them being together like that."

And the source tells MediaTakeOut.com that the NBA star's relationship with his former pal appears to be serious. The source explains, "[the player] could have kept it quiet and nobody would have suspected. He came out because he wanted us to accept his relationship." The source added, "those two have been friends for many years .. if their relationship is anything like their friendship, its got to be serious."

The NBA player, who is African American, has been linked to a number of women in the past - all of whom are Caucasian. He is also known for enjoying the night life with his teammates and good friend Tyson Beckford.

For legal reasons, MediaTakeOut.com has decided not to print the name of the player.

Developing...

http://www.mediatakeout.com/Exclusives/NJNet_Gay.html

Rumor is that it is richard Jefferson.

Yeah, I stole this from the Basketball side.

First of all, this seems like tabloid material.

Second, bisexual? This isn't a scandal or an "out of the closet" announcement. It's rumor and ridiculousness, and if Jefferson is gay, it will be even less significant than when Doogie Houser announced he was gay.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thedude » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:22 am

cordscords wrote:RJ would become the biggest name in sports to ever come out if he confirmed this, yes?

not really something i know much about, but i believeso...
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thedude » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:26 am

What makes this news, if it is true, would be that a major american Athlete has never been publicly gay, or been in public a relationship with another man.

I don't really care, but it will be a big news story.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:11 am

How is this a scandal by any means?

It would be interesting news if true, but its not like this is something that will taint the sport.
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mugrila » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:14 am

thedude wrote:I don't really care, but it will be a big news story.

Which is pretty sad, I think. Why people care so much about other's personal lives I just don't know. I'm with you dude, I don't care.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby acsguitar » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:36 am

Who's richard jefferson
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:47 am

acsguitar wrote:Who's richard jefferson

bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby Coppermine » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:59 am

bigh0rt wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Who's richard jefferson

Sooooooo gay
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk