Cubs get Marquis - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cubs get Marquis

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dcskater619 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:36 pm

what kind of person would waste their time making graphs to show zito is better then marquis? LMFAO.. im just stating some "stats" like he wanted to see. i never said either one was better then zito, u guys just act like im jim hendry and criticize my opinions on the signings. Half of the people like the Lilly signing, half don't.. Some will like the Marquis signing, most won't.. Im just defending the bright spots that are available, like how Marquis has pitched over 600 innings since 04 with nearly the SAME combined era as Meche, Lilly, Padilla, and Eaton.. A little over 6 million a year ain't bad.. And yes 'zito is god,' it DOES make sense to compare the last 3 years.. why would zitos numbers from 2000-2002 matter in an argument about how hes going to perform in 2007? Use that brain that u love so much..

Edited to remove childish comments.
dcskater619
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dcskater619 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:39 pm

JTWood wrote:Jason Marquis: Strictly worse than Zito in every possible way...

...with the exact same amount of "luck" over the last three years:

Anyone who thinks otherwise must be a Cubs fan, because only their fans can sustain denial at the levels required for that belief.

And i dont know about you, but im looking at the last 3 seasons.. i dont care about anything beyond that.. and the only thing id say marquis is "strictly" worse in is era.. nice try though.. i dont see wins as a category up there lol.. ;-D
dcskater619
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JTWood » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:05 am

dcskater619 wrote:And i dont know about you, but im looking at the last 3 seasons.. i dont care about anything beyond that.. and the only thing id say marquis is "strictly" worse in is era.. nice try though.. i dont see wins as a category up there lol.. ;-D

No problem. Do you want wins if Marquis had been a Cub? I'm sure that number wouldn't go higher than the 12 fingers on your hands.

As for what kind of losers go through the graph-making trouble, I don't know who would do it either, but why don't you ask the guys over at FanGraphs.com. I'm sure they'd love to hear some of your opinions about their profession.

;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dcskater619 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:12 am

JTWood wrote:
dcskater619 wrote:And i dont know about you, but im looking at the last 3 seasons.. i dont care about anything beyond that.. and the only thing id say marquis is "strictly" worse in is era.. nice try though.. i dont see wins as a category up there lol.. ;-D

No problem. Do you want wins if Marquis had been a Cub? I'm sure that number wouldn't go higher than the 12 fingers on your hands.

As for what kind of losers go through the graph-making trouble, I don't know who would do it either, but why don't you ask the guys over at FanGraphs.com. I'm sure they'd love to hear some of your opinions about their profession.

;-D

Its funny how my words are always mixed up lol.. i didnt say making graphs.. i said making graphs comparing marquis and zito.. was that even necessary? i mean cmon..

More stupidity removed.
dcskater619
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:22 am

dcskater619 wrote:
JTWood wrote:

;-D

Its funny how my words are always mixed up lol.. i didnt say making graphs.. i said making graphs comparing marquis and zito.. was that even necessary? i mean cmon..

Mixed up.. completely owned.. same thing.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dcskater619 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:28 am

MMoNeY24 wrote:
dcskater619 wrote:
JTWood wrote:

;-D

Its funny how my words are always mixed up lol.. i didnt say making graphs.. i said making graphs comparing marquis and zito.. was that even necessary? i mean cmon.. anyways, go get a girlfriend and stop getting so into my opinions..

Mixed up.. completely owned.. same thing.

lol, mind ur business :*)
dcskater619
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:32 am

Name calling isn't generally accepted around here...

... neither is being ignorant, but hey, what do I know. I'm just another nerd who needs to mind their business.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 817)

Postby birdmandig » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:41 am

its the holiday season.

there's no need to be name calling.
birdmandig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby BravesGuy » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:12 am

dcskater619 wrote:what kind of loser would waste their time making graphs to show zito is better then marquis?

HAHHAHAHA, LOL. those graphs are pretty sweet. :-o
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 73)

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:52 am

dc.......There is no reason to start name calling here. :-t :-t
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers