Fantasy Publications & Software '07 (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Publications & Software '07 (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Ratdog90 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:06 pm

Has anyone ever used either of the following products? And if so, I would love to hear your take. Thanks in advance.

Draft Analyzer (FSTA Award Winner)

or

Zen Projection Engine (part of the Creative Sports Draft Kit)
Ratdog90
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby metsfan1190 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:12 pm

I kind of like Diamond Draft, but it seems it is geared more towards auction leagues while I am in a typical draft league.
metsfan1190
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby glcmustliveon » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:22 pm

Any of these systems for points league, also, can you input your own projections? Im looking for something to help keep tabs on stuf DURING the draft, instead of my usual clunky spreadsheet.

"I hope he arouses the fire that's dormant in the innermost recesses of my soul." --Ichiro Suzuki on Dice-K
glcmustliveon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:47 pm

glcmustliveon wrote:Any of these systems for points league, also, can you input your own projections? Im looking for something to help keep tabs on stuf DURING the draft, instead of my usual clunky spreadsheet.

I know Fantistics lets you input your scoring system.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby xeifrank » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:09 pm

I use Xeifrank's software. :) It is geared towards Roto/H2H (non points) non-auction leagues. You could use it in an auction league, it just wouldn't keep track of how much money each team had left and inflation. I may make a version to do that in my spare time for next season. I started it out as a tool to help myself draft and as an excercise to learn Visual Basic. As the time went on, I added more and more features based on tools that I found myself needing or input from other people. Any good draft software is an important tool to help you draft the best possible team. At the very least it can help you pick the best player for your team during your draft. I like being able to save and reload partially completed drafts, especially on slow message board drafts. Anyways, the more tools at your disposal the better informed you will be win making your picks.
vr, Xeifrank
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

When does the "GOOD" Baseball Weekly Fantasy Guide come out?

Postby Sticky Spice » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:24 pm

Want to make sure it wasn't last week before it goes off the shelf.

Anyone know?
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)

best draft software

Postby jp1028 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:34 pm

i am new to this site but have been reading it for a little while now. my question is what is the best software for a live acution draft. i am in a 20 team mixed 5x5 acution keeper league and it is very competitive and the draft is very fast paced. i hate having to do everything by hand and am looking for a good software where i can pull up stats quick, keep track of available players, and a auction calculater. tell me what you guys think.
jp1028
T-Ball Trainer

Postby metsfan1190 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:34 pm

so now that more people have had their drafts already, is there any more feedback on any of these.? I am leaning towards Fantistics for my H2H draft this Friday night, so any feedback on any of them (sans Xeifrank saying he used Xeifrank!!!) would be appreciated. I am one of those people who researches things to death before pulling the trigger and I don't want to regret what software I used on my draft after the fact.

Appreciate your input.
metsfan1190
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Player forcaster or Fantistics?

Postby ryount » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:39 pm

What do you guys think is the better projection/draft software, baseball prospectus player forecaster or fantistics? Thanks
ryount
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers