Fantasy Publications & Software '07 (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Publications & Software '07 (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Area51's » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:14 pm

yep--highly recommend it. Not sure if you've read Shandler or not, but some very interesting reading, reccomendations--and he usually points out quite a few things that I missed with players.

Projections are OK, but more than that, pointing out a few guys that have more upside or more downside than you think can be very helpful.

Other than last year, I've gotten at least one player from the draft who had a great year, that I wouldn't have grabbed w/out the forecaster help.

Berkman's blowup year (and Shandler predicted his return last year) comes to mind as the first, and I got so much guff at the draft that year for grabbing him so early. There are guys he continually homers for that don't seem to quite make it also (Gibbons, Escobar) but its a good read nonetheless...and pretty useful for fantasy.
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Fantistics Draft Software Released

Postby PalmPilot » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:23 am

Well the draft software was finally released tonight. Anybody have any initial impressions?

I can't wait to utilize it in my draft. From what I can tell so far, it puts alot of information at your fingertips during the pressure-filled time of being "your pick."

I'm going to do a few mock drafts with it to get used to the flow of using it live.
PalmPilot
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby BGbootha » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:39 am

All this talk with no link... :~(
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PalmPilot » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:42 am

http://www.insiderbaseball.com

You can register for free and use the beta version. I had already purchased the full version in advance.
PalmPilot
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Tread42 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:52 am

I don't see where to sign up for the beta offer.
Regards,

Tread42
Tread42
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:06 am

Tread42 wrote:I don't see where to sign up for the beta offer.

Yeah, their site has a terrible layout. My wife, a graphic designer, throws up in her mouth just a little every time she sees their format.

Anyways, click the "Join Today" at the top. It's $15-$50 depending on what package you buy. ;-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Fantistics Post-What Happened

Postby Tread42 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:52 pm

Last night I replied to a post about Fantistics that mentioned being able to use the beta version of their software by registering.

This afternoon while at work I got a message reply email, but when I go there tonight it says "Post Not Found" or something to that effect. I even tried searching and can't find it.

Could a mod please help me? I've belonged to the forum quite a long time, but don't post often and am unsure if I broke a rule by replying or something?

If so I apologize as I can assure you I did not intentionally do this.
Regards,

Tread42
Tread42
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bjbhobbes » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:56 pm

Fantastics has everythign ya need, but the recalc is slow, which is rough on a fast moving auction. Also, I hate their $ values... my issue is their calced $ values for players adds up to way more than is available. for example.... 12 teams x 260 budget = $3120 their top 240 players (theoretically purchased for those $260) adds up to well over $5000.....

As a math guy....this doesn't jive for me...
bjbhobbes
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Tread42 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:34 am

Could the recalc speed be due to your computer specs, or is it software latency?

Not having purchased yet I wasn't sure. In addition do most bring their laptop to the draft with the software up and running or do some sort of printable cheat sheet from it in advance and take it?

Lastly, in online draft type leagues do you simply toggle between the draft screen and the software or try running them on seperate machines?
Regards,

Tread42
Tread42
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:40 am

doesnt xefrank or something like that come out with a free mock draft software thing with projections included?

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers