A little info please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

A little info please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A little info please

Postby Chief Noc-A-Homa » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:02 pm

My pick in a Minors Draft is upcoming and I am looking @ 1 of these pitchers. If I can get the lowdown on each would be great.

Brad Lincoln
Eric Hurley
Franklin Morales

Thanks.
Chief Noc-A-Homa
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In a teepee near you smokin' a peace pipe and talkin' trades.

Postby FalcoAtL » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:29 pm

Personally I would take Lincoln mostly because the other two teams have horrible parks for pitchers.

Brad Lincoln - Was an All-Star pitcher at the Cap Cod League last summer. Really improved his confidence going into his senior year in college. Posted great numbers and then was drafted as the Pirates first selection. He has a great fastball, clocked around 93+ mph as well as a very nice curveball. Projects as a number 2 or 3 starter IMO. I think you can expect to see him getting a call at the end of 2008 or earlier.

Eric Hurley - Probably needs another year or so in the minors, but really showed a lot of progress last season. Majority of the year he was at High A where he posted stats of 5-6, 4.11, 9.54 K/9. In his short stint with Double A he again posted great stats and I think he'll continue to do so next year. I don't see him being as good as Danks, but he definitely has a bright future. Projects as a number 3 or 4 starter. Probably will see time in the majors at the end of next year and be a full time guy in 2008.

Franklin Morales - This guy has a ton of potential as a big time starter, but again he's a Rockie, which I don't even need to explain the issues. He hits 98 mph with his fastball, has great a curveball, and a real good changeup. Scouts believe he has some of the best stuff in the minors today, but is still really raw. Last year he posted stats of 10-9, 3.68ERA, 10.46 K/9 at High A. Projects as a number 2 or 3 starter with a small hope of being a decent number 1. Probably get a call at the end of next year if he has a decent year and be in the majors full time in 2008.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby nathan050904 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:24 pm

I disagree with you. I'd take Morales. Coors Field wasn't that bad for pitchers this year and I think he has the most upside out of any of the three mentioned.
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby FalcoAtL » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:39 pm

I'm not much of a risk taker, that's why I said Lincoln.
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball