We Need to Exterminate White People... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

We Need to Exterminate White People...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:40 pm

Madison wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I don't get how people can hate a country so much, yet not see leaving as an option. I'd help this guy pack, but I'd fear extermination.

Not to mention you can't point out to him that he's always free to leave the country if he's that unhappy, or else he'd think you're telling him to leave. No use in even trying to explain the difference to someone like that.

Correct...that would not be a good thing to say.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:37 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I don't get how people can hate a country so much, yet not see leaving as an option. I'd help this guy pack, but I'd fear extermination.

Not to mention you can't point out to him that he's always free to leave the country if he's that unhappy, or else he'd think you're telling him to leave. No use in even trying to explain the difference to someone like that.

I've said that to people and it hasn't gone over well. :-b !+)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Coppermine » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:43 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:

It depends on who you say it to and the context of the conversation that brought it up. I think that Americans, given that we live in a free Republic and all, have the right and perhaps duty to question and criticize it's government and it's own country for the most part. I think many Americans think of their country like their wife of 30 years... sure she pisses me off sometimes, but what are ya gonna do? The freedom of criticism is one not all people have and it's a powerful way to influence change for the better, now and throughout recent history.

Then of course in cases such as a hostile disdain for their country should truly result in nothing other than a quick train ride to Canada. I'm sure if North Koreans knew how much their country truly sucked, they'd try to get the hell out themselves... but they don't even have the right to realize that.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:47 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:

Makes two of us. :-b Amazing how something as simple as pointing out that they have the right and freedom to move out of the country almost always gets spun around that you're telling them to leave. :-b

Cu, I agree. People are free to gripe, whine, and complain all they want to about the country, but at the same time, if they are truely that miserable here, they should be aware that they have the right and the freedom to leave and go live in a country that they like better. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:01 pm

Madison wrote:Makes two of us. :-b Amazing how something as simple as pointing out that they have the right and freedom to move out of the country almost always gets spun around that you're telling them to leave. :-b

Cu, I agree. People are free to gripe, whine, and complain all they want to about the country, but at the same time, if they are truely that miserable here, they should be aware that they have the right and the freedom to leave and go live in a country that they like better. ;-)

Completely agree. I did not suggest the move as an insult, but as a right that they can possibly take advantage of. Another option than the one that is make them so miserable right now. But, yeah, they took it as if I was more deserving of US citizenship than they were. And I speak well....
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:20 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Madison wrote:Makes two of us. :-b Amazing how something as simple as pointing out that they have the right and freedom to move out of the country almost always gets spun around that you're telling them to leave. :-b

Completely agree. I did not suggest the move as an insult, but as a right that they can possibly take advantage of. Another option than the one that is make them so miserable right now. But, yeah, they took it as if I was more deserving of US citizenship than they were. And I speak well....

Right and I don't think it should be taken as an insult to anyone you say it to. It's a legitimate comeback, one we should all have when people start whining. I complain about America in a lot of ways, but that's more of a product of the inefficiencies of democracy and my own inquisitive nature in general. But I'm not miserable in any way and I feel both happy and lucky to be here.

I'll stand by my conviction that it's important to criticize our country, government, democratic process, laws and authority figures as often as possible.... but in an effort to make your country better, rather than simply hate everything about it unconditionally.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:28 pm

Coppermine wrote:I'll stand by my conviction that it's important to criticize our country, government, democratic process, laws and authority figures as often as possible.... but in an effort to make your country better, rather than simply hate everything about it unconditionally.

Yep. Trouble is, I think some people create things to complain about. Where is the benefit in that and how does that help anyone, least of all, yourself? It just doesn't seem constructive to me. I spoke to a girl a couple weeks ago who wanted to move to Australia because she didn't like the way our country was headed. She was a real visionary :*) , brilliant really :-B . Anyway, she was "struggling" with the decision to leave her family and friends behind in her pursuit of "real freedom". I told her to just go and she got offended. 8-o :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:47 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I'll stand by my conviction that it's important to criticize our country, government, democratic process, laws and authority figures as often as possible.... but in an effort to make your country better, rather than simply hate everything about it unconditionally.

Yep. Trouble is, I think some people create things to complain about. Where is the benefit in that and how does that help anyone, least of all, yourself? It just doesn't seem constructive to me. I spoke to a girl a couple weeks ago who wanted to move to Australia because she didn't like the way our country was headed. She was a real visionary :*) , brilliant really :-B . Anyway, she was "struggling" with the decision to leave her family and friends behind in her pursuit of "real freedom". I told her to just go and she got offended. 8-o :-b

Well yeah, if the criticism isn't constructive or designed to perhaps change things for the better, then it's worthless. If someone is struggling with the decision whether or not to move to Australia because they don't like the way the country is heading, then what a cop out! Just vote or write your congressman. Complain about things but have some sort of facts to back up your position. I respect anyone who doesn't blindly follow the status quo, but not people who incessantly whine without any thoughtful perception.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk