Free stuff for me! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Free stuff for me!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Free stuff for me!

Postby Coppermine » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:40 pm

The company I do IT consulting work for was recently bought out. As part of the merger and acquisition, all of the highest level executives jumped ship in their golden parachutes, thus leaving behind a plethora of computer equipment purchased on the company dime, but not quite standard. So, I took it. Well, I didn't take, but I have it and I'm using it. The one guy had a 24" widescreen monitor... now at my cubicle. Plus, two brand new logitech wireless keyboard/laser mouse combos. I might take one of those home if no one asks for it. Speakers and cables, fancy docking stations, computer cases, travel accessories. I could make a killing on ebay and since these items aren't part of inventory, no one would know!

Of course, I won't do that. But I am using the keyboard/mouse and monitor at my desk. They can have it back when I leave.

I should have taken the CFO's giant leather chair, but I don't think it would fit in my cubicle.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Free stuff for me!

Postby Madison » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:30 pm

Coppermine wrote:I should have taken the CFO's giant leather chair, but I don't think it would fit in my cubicle.

I'd have claimed his office. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:42 pm

Coppermine wrote:The company I do IT consulting work for was recently bought out. As part of the merger and acquisition, all of the highest level executives jumped ship in their golden parachutes, thus leaving behind a plethora of computer equipment purchased on the company dime, but not quite standard. So, I took it. Well, I didn't take, but I have it and I'm using it. The one guy had a 24" widescreen monitor... now at my cubicle. Plus, two brand new logitech wireless keyboard/laser mouse combos. I might take one of those home if no one asks for it. Speakers and cables, fancy docking stations, computer cases, travel accessories. I could make a killing on ebay and since these items aren't part of inventory, no one would know!

Of course, I won't do that. But I am using the keyboard/mouse and monitor at my desk. They can have it back when I leave.

I should have taken the CFO's giant leather chair, but I don't think it would fit in my cubicle.

put all of it in your cubicle at once. that would show them.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:43 pm

24" monitor
I hate you

We were "PROMISED" flat panels for the helpdesk and IT department. But our stupid CIO decided that if they got them for us the rest of the company would cry about it cause they don't get any

Which is stupid because its a departmental charge and when the rest of the company does something like listen to net radio we are told not to.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:48 pm

Madison wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I should have taken the CFO's giant leather chair, but I don't think it would fit in my cubicle.

Corner office with a closet, private bathroom and some kind of funky metal, climate controlled ceiling... and indirect track lighting. I'd give my arm just to not have to sit under fluorescent lighting 8-10 hours a day. I swear, this artificial overhead light is going to take 7 years off my life. Anyone else feel the same way I do?

My apartment has light fixtures on the ceiling, but I never, ever turn them on. If they're on, I can actually feel my blood pressure rising. I tell people about my horrible aversion to overhead lighting, and they think I'm nuts. I know in most cases it's unavoidable, particularly at the office, but at home, turning on the ceiling lights is like piercing through my skull.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:13 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Madison wrote:

Corner office with a closet, private bathroom and some kind of funky metal, climate controlled ceiling... and indirect track lighting. I'd give my arm just to not have to sit under fluorescent lighting 8-10 hours a day. I swear, this artificial overhead light is going to take 7 years off my life. Anyone else feel the same way I do?

My apartment has light fixtures on the ceiling, but I never, ever turn them on. If they're on, I can actually feel my blood pressure rising. I tell people about my horrible aversion to overhead lighting, and they think I'm nuts. I know in most cases it's unavoidable, particularly at the office, but at home, turning on the ceiling lights is like piercing through my skull.

Again I swear we were seperated at birth.

I love light. i think sunlight brings happiness and all that.

I hate florescents. Even worse is that the IT department here doesn't use lights. We sit in a dark cave.

I asked last year to be moved to the food cube which is a cube that people put donuts in and hasn't been used ever. It has huge windows and a view of the mountains and sunshine.

I was denied for no reason.

I asked again this year and was denied again because the manager who's in charge of the cube is a jerk and also we are putting a CD burning machine in it so that the idiots in our office can burn their mp3's or whatever at a different computer.

GRRR

but yea I hate florecsent lights and no I won't corret my spelling
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:15 pm

Yeah, I'm a big fan of natural lighting... working in a room without windows is horrible, but I'd rather sit in a dark room than a room with no windows and bright florecent lighting.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:18 pm

Coppermine wrote:Yeah, I'm a big fan of natural lighting... working in a room without windows is horrible, but I'd rather sit in a dark room than a room with no windows and bright florecent lighting.

I have no windows and I'm right by the elevator so everyone can see what I'm doing all the time.

I hate it
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bleach168 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:23 pm

When your cubicle looks like this, then I might be impressed.

"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:44 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Yeah, I'm a big fan of natural lighting... working in a room without windows is horrible, but I'd rather sit in a dark room than a room with no windows and bright florecent lighting.

I have no windows and I'm right by the elevator so everyone can see what I'm doing all the time.

I hate it

i have some windows behind me...sometimes they give off a glare :-t

...and if you got the food cube where would the real workers put their donuts?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk