Meche signs with KC - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Meche signs with KC

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:46 am

J35J wrote:I will say that we (KC) has/will have more money than just a $47 payroll. Like was mentioned before we will lose $11+ mil and 5+ mil after this coming year when Sweeney and Sanders are gone. Not to mention we are renovating our stadium($200+ mil worth) which will help in revenue and the income tax(revenue sharing) is only going up. I'd be willing to say we will be around a $75 mil payroll by 2009 or 2010....... :-o ........maybe?

....Yeah I know, by then $75 mil will be the same as $47 mil was last year.... :-° But anyway, its not like we completely capped out our payroll by this signing.

Jason

Sometimes the best move is not making any. Unless Meche pulls a Carpenter/Schmidt which is possible but not probable, this is a bad move.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:02 pm

Yoda wrote:
J35J wrote:I will say that we (KC) has/will have more money than just a $47 payroll. Like was mentioned before we will lose $11+ mil and 5+ mil after this coming year when Sweeney and Sanders are gone. Not to mention we are renovating our stadium($200+ mil worth) which will help in revenue and the income tax(revenue sharing) is only going up. I'd be willing to say we will be around a $75 mil payroll by 2009 or 2010....... :-o ........maybe?

....Yeah I know, by then $75 mil will be the same as $47 mil was last year.... :-° But anyway, its not like we completely capped out our payroll by this signing.

Jason

Sometimes the best move is not making any. Unless Meche pulls a Carpenter/Schmidt which is possible but not probable, this is a bad move.

I would agree with you most of the time but if we don't do anything or just sign the Redman, Elarton types again and lose 100 games for the 5th time in the last 6 years I don't want to think what the fan base here in KC would do or "wouldn't do"...... ticket sales, etc.

This is a little part of what I mean by those outside of KC don't understand. We absolutely cannot sit on our hands because there aren't any legit players to be had, we need to do everyone possible to at least become mediocore, because we aren't even that right now.

If we can sign Suppan to a crap load of money as well then it makes it very difficult to lose 100 games again, if it wasn't already....

Meche
Suppan
Greinke
Perez
Hudson

still very mediocore but VERY MUCH better than the last few years and almost guarantees us to only lose 90 instead of 100, which would be huge for the organization and the fan base!!! !+)

I've said before that it doesn't really matter who we signed to a $55 mil deal. Its the fact that we had a plan on who we wanted and we went out there and outbid everyone to succeed in that plan. This is something that hasn't ever happened under David Glass, it shows that things are changing around here, that Moore has the freedom to do what he wants. There has been plenty of organizational signings as well. We've had one of the smallest front offices in all of baseball and we've already hired a half dozen new guys in the front office to fix this. People say that we should take the money and put it in scouting, farm system, etc... and we HAVE! All of this is so much more than just signing Meche to a crappy deal..... things are changing and for the better!

Anyway, theres alot to be positive about as a Royals fan but I'm not the best communicator over the internet so I'll just stop where I'm at.

..... It's good to be a KC fan right now, whether some Yankee fan thinks so or not!! ;-7

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby thomasps3 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:08 pm

That is a great way to put this thread to bed J35J, thanks.

Great offseason for the KC Royals. Two in demand pitchers that other teams wanted. An organization that has Hochevar, Butler, AG ready in the wings, not to mention a GM who seemingly has $$ to spend.

Good luck KC, you'll need it in that division.
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

Postby Yoda » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:12 pm

J35J wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Jason

I would agree with you most of the time but if we don't do anything or just sign the Redman, Elarton types again and lose 100 games for the 5th time in the last 6 years I don't want to think what the fan base here in KC would do or "wouldn't do"...... ticket sales, etc.

This is a little part of what I mean by those outside of KC don't understand. We absolutely cannot sit on our hands because there aren't any legit players to be had, we need to do everyone possible to at least become mediocore, because we aren't even that right now.

If we can sign Suppan to a crap load of money as well then it makes it very difficult to lose 100 games again, if it wasn't already....

Meche
Suppan
Greinke
Perez
Hudson

still very mediocore but VERY MUCH better than the last few years and almost guarantees us to only lose 90 instead of 100, which would be huge for the organization and the fan base!!! !+)

I've said before that it doesn't really matter who we signed to a $55 mil deal. Its the fact that we had a plan on who we wanted and we went out there and outbid everyone to succeed in that plan. This is something that hasn't ever happened under David Glass, it shows that things are changing around here, that Moore has the freedom to do what he wants. There has been plenty of organizational signings as well. We've had one of the smallest front offices in all of baseball and we've already hired a half dozen new guys in the front office to fix this. People say that we should take the money and put it in scouting, farm system, etc... and we HAVE! All of this is so much more than just signing Meche to a crappy deal..... things are changing and for the better!

Anyway, theres alot to be positive about as a Royals fan but I'm not the best communicator over the internet so I'll just stop where I'm at.

..... It's good to be a KC fan right now, whether some Yankee fan thinks so or not!! ;-7

Jason

Nicely put. I think most KC fans are hopeful that this move works out and the precedent it sets. I just think there was a better way to use 55M.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers