Global Warming - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Global Warming

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby 5 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:07 am

Hummer drivers are big supporters of our dependence on foreign oil. It's their right to have the Middle East flourish.
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRock » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:51 pm

boyroger wrote:It's not about taste, sir. It's FACT. And when did science suddenly become taste? Oh yeah, when W and his oil pals took over.

All I'm saying is accept the awful news and take responsibility.
Pretty simple.

Well, if you'll read through the entire conversation that transpired in this thread before you got here, the FACTs are somewhat in dispute. Contrary to anything you may believe.

I believe all Galt is pointing out is that just because someone thinks differently than you do, doesn't necessarily make them an idiot. A little more respect may be due them. Quite a bit more, in your case.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Galt » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:33 pm

the glasses analogy is quite clear and widely used.

What works for me, may not work for you. It doesn't mean that you're wrong or I'm wrong. It's a matter of opinion.

Some people like larger cars. For whatever reason. Some people don't like larger cars for whatever reason. Some people only want electric cars because they think there is a large impact on the environment.

But to cast blanket statements about Hummer drivers (overcompensating for something, arrogant, etc as what was mentioned earlier) is just plain idiotic. Yes, idiotic. You are an absolute arrogant, idiot for saying something so self-absorbed.

Let people live their life. You live yours. Your BELIEF that some car is killing the planet is just yours. Just like how pro-lifers shouldn't go around screaming at people who have abortions and animal rights people shouldn't be throwing blood on people who wear furs.

You want to make yourself feel all warm and squishy because you offset all of your carbon, I really don't care at all. I think it's all BS, and previously in this thread, I showed a graph which said exactly why I think it's all BS (Mars is warming in the same pattern as earth so that takes the human element out of it; this warming pattern of earth has been a natural repeating cycle for the last half million years)

But even in areas I don't agree with someone, I don't get all high and mighty about why I'm so great and I'm so smart and I'm so good, and they are clearly stupid, clueless, evil, killing the planet, in bed with big business, blah blah blah blah.

Please don't have children.
Galt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Coppermine » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:40 pm

Galt wrote:the glasses analogy is quite clear and widely used.

What works for me, may not work for you. It doesn't mean that you're wrong or I'm wrong. It's a matter of opinion.

Some people like larger cars. For whatever reason. Some people don't like larger cars for whatever reason. Some people only want electric cars because they think there is a large impact on the environment.

But to cast blanket statements about Hummer drivers (overcompensating for something, arrogant, etc as what was mentioned earlier) is just plain idiotic. Yes, idiotic. You are an absolute arrogant, idiot for saying something so self-absorbed.

Let people live their life. You live yours. Your BELIEF that some car is killing the planet is just yours. Just like how pro-lifers shouldn't go around screaming at people who have abortions and animal rights people shouldn't be throwing blood on people who wear furs.

You want to make yourself feel all warm and squishy because you offset all of your carbon, I really don't care at all. I think it's all BS, and previously in this thread, I showed a graph which said exactly why I think it's all BS (Mars is warming in the same pattern as earth so that takes the human element out of it; this warming pattern of earth has been a natural repeating cycle for the last half million years)

But even in areas I don't agree with someone, I don't get all high and mighty about why I'm so great and I'm so smart and I'm so good, and they are clearly stupid, clueless, evil, killing the planet, in bed with big business, blah blah blah blah.

Please don't have children.

Wow, you're so much more mature than me. :-t
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Amazinz » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:45 pm

Right... This thread has outlived it's usefulness and is just kindling now... :-[
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk