boyroger
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hey Fireball,

Postby Fireball Express » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:11 pm

boyroger wrote:I love your icon.
What's it from? It looks like a deranged, evil puppet. 8-o

That's a photo taken in a drunken stupor during one of last season's Mets/LA playoff games of no other than Mr.Met. :-D
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Are you f%#@ing kidding me?

Postby Galt » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:09 am

Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
boyroger wrote:Of COURSE we have global warming.
Unless you're a selfish scum-bag with self-interests to boast,then one must accept the ugly fact.

Humans, and their macho, dick-lengthener SUV's, are killing the earth.

RIP. 8-o

wait...i thought Sports Cars were the penis extenders :-?

Well, when I see someone in one of those Hummer H2's, I can only assume they're making up for some sort of ridiculous shortcoming. I mean, not only is it ridiculous looking, but it's not even a good vehicle and it's unbelievably ugly. And for some even more idiotic reason, the most popular color seems to be yellow.

So, yeah, I have a problem with the Hummer thing; my assumption is that you have to be deranged or "inadequate" to drive one, but that's just me.

And if I gave you my glasses, you couldn't see through them properly. What's wrong with you? Why can't you see through my glasses? They work perfectly for me. There must be something wrong with you.

I have an idea. Why not let people who like things you don't like, enjoy them, and you can plug your matchbox car into the wall every night and sleep a wonderful sleep knowing you are a wonderful person.
Galt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:31 am

Galt wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Unless you're a selfish scum-bag with self-interests to boast,then one must accept the ugly fact.

RIP. 8-o

Well, when I see someone in one of those Hummer H2's, I can only assume they're making up for some sort of ridiculous shortcoming. I mean, not only is it ridiculous looking, but it's not even a good vehicle and it's unbelievably ugly. And for some even more idiotic reason, the most popular color seems to be yellow.

So, yeah, I have a problem with the Hummer thing; my assumption is that you have to be deranged or "inadequate" to drive one, but that's just me.

And if I gave you my glasses, you couldn't see through them properly. What's wrong with you? Why can't you see through my glasses? They work perfectly for me. There must be something wrong with you.

I have an idea. Why not let people who like things you don't like, enjoy them, and you can plug your matchbox car into the wall every night and sleep a wonderful sleep knowing you are a wonderful person.

You drive an H2?
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

To Galt:

Postby boyroger » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:00 am

Galt, I hope that you have grandchildren one day, and they have to suffer the effects of ecological mistreatment caused, in part, by macho losers like you.

Grow up and take some responsibility for your being here.

Have a nice day. :-)
boyroger
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Galt » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:01 am

Nope. I don't even own a car.

But there's nothing more annoying than people who think that anyone who has different taste is stupid
Galt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby boyroger » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:05 am

It's not about taste, sir. It's FACT. And when did science suddenly become taste? Oh yeah, when W and his oil pals took over.

All I'm saying is accept the awful news and take responsibility.
Pretty simple.
boyroger
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:30 am

Copper ended his post with "but that's just me". Jumping down his throat when he clearly stated it was only his opinion is pretty, well, it hilarious because it's Copper, but anybody else I'd say shame on you.

:-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: To Galt:

Postby RugbyD » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:34 am

boyroger wrote:Galt, I hope that you have grandchildren one day, and they have to suffer the effects of ecological mistreatment caused, in part, by macho losers like you.

Grow up and take some responsibility for your being here.

Have a nice day. :-)

Given all of the different types of exhaust producing motors in use, there is no way in hell that the additional emissions from SUVs compared to what they would be if they were an average Accord or Camry or Pontiac make any measurable influence on the state of the global environment.

And what's so wrong about having a car that carries more, pulls more, fares better in inclement weather, and protects you better from idiot drivers? I guess nobody but macho people have any use for those things.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Coppermine » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:47 am

Galt wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

RIP. 8-o

Yeah galt, no hard feelings dude. But the glasses analogy... lost on me.

Seriously though, and again, it is JUST ME, because I know everyone else in the world loves Hummers... in fact, they're symbol of American, er, dominance and awesomeness. Right?

I love hummers, but not that vehicular kind :-D

The pro-Hummer (the car) argument seems to be that anyone who doesn't like a Hummer clearly drives a golf cart, which really just piles on the ignorance. Don't get me wrong, I have a problem with all over-sized vehicles but the only one I truly despise are these Hummers. The H1 certainly had its appeal for being a military vehicle essentially outfitted for civilian use. It seemed like all those nerds from the software boom in the early 90's bought one... and Arnold Schwarzeneggar who bought 7. It's that H2 that makes me nauseous when I see it; it loses it's cool factor for not being a military vehicle but rather just a civilian one, and it loses it's respect factor for literally being excessive and ridiculous.

Also, my problem with Hummers has absolutely nothing to do with emissions or the environment. If you want to spend over 100 bucks a fillup, more power to ya.

I'd sooner much rather have a flashy sportscar than an ugly hunk of metal the size of Gibraltar. But again, just me. B-)
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk