Global Warming - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Global Warming

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:31 pm

TheRock wrote:How's that work, anyway? Can I accomplish the same thing with a mini-van if it's on a hill? And what kind of rope do you guys use? I've been trying this cheap poly-cord but it really chaffs me. %-6

8-o 8-o

:-b
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Are you f%#@ing kidding me?

Postby thedude » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:06 am

RugbyD wrote:
boyroger wrote:Of COURSE we have global warming.
Unless you're a selfish scum-bag with self-interests to boast,then one must accept the ugly fact.

Humans, and their macho, dick-lengthener SUV's, are killing the earth.

RIP. 8-o

wow, out of 5 posts so far, 3 of them are not baseball related, and all 3 of those have you well on your way to being dismissed by people who aren't even necessarily in disagreement with you. top notch. :-B

He also keeps bumping up posts that are months old... :-b
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Phatferd » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:13 am

Coppermine wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
Unless you're a selfish scum-bag with self-interests to boast,then one must accept the ugly fact.

RIP. 8-o

wow, out of 5 posts so far, 3 of them are not baseball related, and all 3 of those have you well on your way to being dismissed by people who aren't even necessarily in disagreement with you. top notch. :-B

Yeah, next thing you know he'll be telling us he hates Lance Armstrong :-t:-b

Seriously though, boyroger, this isn't Yahoo! chat... if you're going to post in GT, try and be constructive, or at least humorous. You've failed in both regards thus far.

Hahaha, that is the first thing that came to my mind. I am glad you're around Cu, but I thought you were on your way to banishment in your early days.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cordscords » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:14 am

Inconvenient Truth won best documentary at the Oscars. For those who care.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Sorry folks.

Postby boyroger » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:51 am

To Mr. RugbyD: Would you have accepted my post easier if I would have tossed in a few fart jokes, like others?

To all of you: I do apologize for being too serious and heavy-handed. I'm just so tired of the "sticking-the-head-in-the-hole" mentality. My wife and I cannot have children, yet of all of the families we know, we're one of only two who recycle and take personal responsibilty with all we do.

Again, I'm sorry. !+)
boyroger
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Sorry folks.

Postby Coppermine » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:21 am

boyroger wrote:To Mr. RugbyD: Would you have accepted my post easier if I would have tossed in a few fart jokes, like others?

To all of you: I do apologize for being too serious and heavy-handed. I'm just so tired of the "sticking-the-head-in-the-hole" mentality. My wife and I cannot have children, yet of all of the families we know, we're one of only two who recycle and take personal responsibilty with all we do.

Again, I'm sorry. !+)

You're preaching to the choir man; we all feel strongly about these kinds of things and we all have our own personal lives with unique struggles and frustrations. The cafe should be a place to unwind, and perhaps engage in some intelligent debate and discussion. But coming here and getting all pissed off at the world is very off-putting.

My suggestion is just hang out, unwind, lighten up and there's a time and place to interject an opinion and that will be obvious; but the utmost important thing to remember is simply to respect the fellow members here. Cool? B-)

Cool.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Sorry folks.

Postby RugbyD » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:23 am

boyroger wrote:To Mr. RugbyD: Would you have accepted my post easier if I would have tossed in a few fart jokes, like others?

no, but being even the slightest bit constructive and mature in that post would be a good start.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:32 am

RIP. 8-o

wait...i thought Sports Cars were the penis extenders :-?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:41 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:

RIP. 8-o

wait...i thought Sports Cars were the penis extenders :-?

Well, when I see someone in one of those Hummer H2's, I can only assume they're making up for some sort of ridiculous shortcoming. I mean, not only is it ridiculous looking, but it's not even a good vehicle and it's unbelievably ugly. And for some even more idiotic reason, the most popular color seems to be yellow.

So, yeah, I have a problem with the Hummer thing; my assumption is that you have to be deranged or "inadequate" to drive one, but that's just me.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Do as I Say, Not as I Do?!

Postby Fireball Express » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:15 pm

I always said that Gore was the wrong spokesperson for this cause. In the past I've pointed out his huge profits from the sale of the federal government's Elk Hills Naval Petroleum Reserve to Occidental Petroleum.
Now I read this.
http://www.tennesseepolicy.org/main/art ... cle_id=367
The man's a hypocrite who shouldn't be recognized as anything but.
The fact that the uber-liberals in Hollywood awarded this two faced man is no suprise.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk