Wii- Twilight Princess - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Wii- Twilight Princess

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wii- Twilight Princess

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:57 pm

So who else has got this game and is playing it??

I finished up the goron temple the other day and am currently trying to collect all the pearls of light around lake hylia, so I can get out of this stupid wolf-form.

Anyone else want to share their thoughts on the game?
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:48 pm

I am still at the first stupid temple. Why they had those stupid monkeys follow you around making noises, I have no idea.

It's pretty tough for your first dungeon to conquer IMO. The map system is completely horrid. Very difficult to follow.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby acsguitar » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:42 pm

If I didn't spend 6 months of my life playing oblivion I would be laughing out loud at the above comments. :-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:54 pm

Yoda wrote:I am still at the first stupid temple. Why they had those stupid monkeys follow you around making noises, I have no idea.

It's pretty tough for your first dungeon to conquer IMO. The map system is completely horrid. Very difficult to follow.

Yeah, the monkey noises are kind of annoying. I like how the monkeys help you swing around though, especially at the end.

I agree the navigation is a little difficult. I can't stand how they won't let you zoom in any closer to the map, for one thing.

Have you gotten the boomerang yet?
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:12 pm

Simulacrum wrote:
Yoda wrote:I am still at the first stupid temple. Why they had those stupid monkeys follow you around making noises, I have no idea.

Yeah, the monkey noises are kind of annoying. I like how the monkeys help you swing around though, especially at the end.

I agree the navigation is a little difficult. I can't stand how they won't let you zoom in any closer to the map, for one thing.

Have you gotten the boomerang yet?

I am still looking for the last monkey... I am assuming that he is in a room behind the boulder that I have to blow up?

It's pretty tough for a level 1 dungeon. I spent a couple hours running around looking for keys and to move forward. The map system is horrible and it is tough for me to tell where I was and where I should be going.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:53 pm

Don't mean to hijack - but I'm torn. Get a Wii and join in with this nonsense :-b or get a used 360. :-?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:33 am

pokerplaya wrote:Don't mean to hijack - but I'm torn. Get a Wii and join in with this nonsense :-b or get a used 360. :-?

I think if you are into online games and have a good TV then 360 is the way to go.

But if you are married or something and have people over to play games, then I would definitely recommend the Wii. Wii Sports alone is enough to make the system a worthwhile buy.

By the way, I got the boomerang. :-D
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:51 am

Agree with Yoda here. ;-D

If you enjoy playing with friends/ your girlfriend/ whoever, I would really recommend going for the Wii. The handles and the control they give you over the games.. it really is revolutionary. The controls are just so smooth, and they add a huge new level of fun to all the games I've played.

Smashing on buttons is so boring. I don't know how I'll ever go back to it. :-b

Glad to hear you got the boomerang, Yoda.. you should be able to polish off the first temple easily now. Beating the first boss is classic Zelda fun.

The entire game has such a strong Ocarina or Time vibe.. I just love that. Shooting the bow and arrow with the Wii controllers is a lot of fun. And you can snipe too!
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:57 am

Simulacrum wrote:Agree with Yoda here. ;-D

If you enjoy playing with friends/ your girlfriend/ whoever, I would really recommend going for the Wii. The handles and the control they give you over the games.. it really is revolutionary. The controls are just so smooth, and they add a huge new level of fun to all the games I've played.

Smashing on buttons is so boring. I don't know how I'll ever go back to it. :-b

Glad to hear you got the boomerang, Yoda.. you should be able to polish off the first temple easily now. Beating the first boss is classic Zelda fun.

The entire game has such a strong Ocarina or Time vibe.. I just love that. Shooting the bow and arrow with the Wii controllers is a lot of fun. And you can snipe too!

I liked beating the boomerang monkey. His butt was so red. :-D I don't like those bomb enemies since they seem to blow up pretty quickly and it is so hard for me to get the timing right for some reason. I already spent like 7 hours and have not beaten the first dungeon. 8-o

I played and beat the first four Zelda games on NES, SNES and Gameboy. Then I never played another series again so I've been out of touch but it seems like they kept the same formula.

I can't wait to play the other Zeldas when they are available on the Virtual Console.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:24 pm

I turned into a wolf again after beating the plant monster thingy. This is a lot harder than I imagined.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Video Games