Dropped Minor League Players, any gems - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Dropped Minor League Players, any gems

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dropped Minor League Players, any gems

Postby Kingsac » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:21 pm

Hi guys,

Below is the list of minor leauge players who were dropped to make a 40 man roster.

Can I please have a rank of the top 7 -10 of these guys, and are there any potential impact players for 2007?

Baez, Welinson
Bush, Matt
Casilla, Santiago
Cox, J. Brent
Dopirak, Brian
Embry, Byron
Esteve, Eddy Martinez
Frandsen, Kevin
Hanson, Travis
Harman, Brad
Head, Stephen
Hernandez, Gaby
Huber, Justin
Italiano, Craig
Janssen, Casey
Kensing, Logan
Meyer, Dan
Murphy, Donald
Quintanilla, Omar
Rodriguez, Rafael
Sanchez, Henry
Snyder, Brad
Valdez, Merkin
Van Benschoten, John
Whittleman, John
Kingsac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 560
Joined: 25 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chilltownsdiddy » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:23 pm

This is how I would rank them

1.Esteve, Eddy Martinez (did nothing last year but has a lot of potential)
2.Italiano, Craig (I like him)
3.Cox, J. Brent (Could be the future closer of the Yanks)
4.Head, Stephen (good power but raw as a hitter, will get better)
5.Hernandez, Gaby (hes a project, dont expect much from him in the next few years)
6.Huber, Justin (could be impact player in 2007)
7.Snyder, Brad (.240 hitter in the majors if given the chance right now, strikes out too much)
8.Baez, Welinson (has upside but too raw as 3B)
9.Dopirak, Brian (he was awful the past two years but has power)
10.Whittleman, John (still too young to predict future)
Chilltownsdiddy
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 129
Joined: 7 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FalcoAtL » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:40 pm

For next year I think Logan Kensing could have a decent impact in the Marlins bullpen. Also, as Chilltown said, Justin Huber is a great candidate to have an impact next year as well. I also think Jansen could be a decent pick up considering he pitched quite a bit for the Jays last year.

As far as potential I would say Bush, Dopirak, Hernandez are great pick ups.
Image
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby garf112 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:56 pm

my list is close to this one, but i'd move huber to the top. Esteve has major hitting ability and Italiano is a HIGH SCHOOL pitcher picked by Billy Beane, nuff said.

Chilltownsdiddy wrote:This is how I would rank them

1.Esteve, Eddy Martinez (did nothing last year but has a lot of potential)
2.Italiano, Craig (I like him)
3.Cox, J. Brent (Could be the future closer of the Yanks)
4.Head, Stephen (good power but raw as a hitter, will get better)
5.Hernandez, Gaby (hes a project, dont expect much from him in the next few years)
6.Huber, Justin (could be impact player in 2007)
7.Snyder, Brad (.240 hitter in the majors if given the chance right now, strikes out too much)
8.Baez, Welinson (has upside but too raw as 3B)
9.Dopirak, Brian (he was awful the past two years but has power)
10.Whittleman, John (still too young to predict future)
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 2306
(Past Year: 41)
Joined: 10 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shortsavage » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:59 pm

How deep is your league?

This list is only a few steps up from some of the Rule 5 lists I've seen :-b .
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2946
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: UC Davis

Re: Dropped Minor League Players, any gems

Postby sagecoll » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:16 pm

Kingsac wrote:Hi guys,

Below is the list of minor leauge players who were dropped to make a 40 man roster.

Can I please have a rank of the top 7 -10 of these guys, and are there any potential impact players for 2007?

Baez, Welinson
Bush, Matt
Casilla, Santiago
Cox, J. Brent
Dopirak, Brian
Embry, Byron
Esteve, Eddy Martinez
Frandsen, Kevin
Hanson, Travis
Harman, Brad
Head, Stephen
Hernandez, Gaby
Huber, Justin
Italiano, Craig
Janssen, Casey
Kensing, Logan
Meyer, Dan
Murphy, Donald
Quintanilla, Omar
Rodriguez, Rafael
Sanchez, Henry
Snyder, Brad
Valdez, Merkin
Van Benschoten, John
Whittleman, John


Gaby Hernandez was once slated to be an ace, got injured and is now probably the 3rd best arm in the Marlins Farm, and he's still only about 20

Craig Italiano will be up in 2 years at the least and if he can make it that far, I don't like him much

Huber is old but is solid with the bat, his problem has been finding playing time in KC. He was a big prospect in the Mets Organization and has been digging for playing time, if he can find it at 1B, DH, or C he should put up decent numbers with the bat. Although he will not improve much, he's already about 24

Brent Cox, put up great numbers last year and should move up in the Yanks system. If he could find time to play he should be good. He's not nearly as good as Huston Street who many people make the U Texas closer comparison with, but he's solid nevertheless.

EME was hampered by injuries last year. If he could stay healthy and match his previous production (which is extremely unlikely) than he should be good but if not, he's just one of the mediocre guys in the Giants farm (which is pretty much everyone aside from Sanchez and Lincecum)
sagecoll
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 77
Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hbj79 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:34 am

I think Gaby Hernandez should be at the top of this list.
An unemployed jester is nobody's fool.

[b]25[/b]
Hbj79
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 998
Joined: 9 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby FalcoAtL » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:57 am

Hbj79 wrote:I think Gaby Hernandez should be at the top of this list.


Yea he def. has a ton of potential, its just a matter of him being able to harness that talent IMO.
Image
FalcoAtL
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1890
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Postby ukjohn » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:05 pm

none of those guys should be worth anything, IMO
"I'm out like a fat girl in dodge ball"
ukjohn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1283
Joined: 19 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northern Kentucky

Postby JohnnyBenchBest Ever » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:10 pm

For next year I think Logan Kensing could have a decent impact in the Marlins bullpen


Didn’t he have Tommy John surgery back in Aug 06?
JohnnyBenchBest Ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 962
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Jul. 28
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Diego at Atlanta
(12:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact