Important question: - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Important question:

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Important question:

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:57 pm

A man and a woman are very much in love and decide to get married. She is very poor but he is the only son of a very rich family. The years pass by and they have a child, who is adorable and lovable and the pride of the family. Unfortunately, the rich family has never cared for the wife. They can be very kind and loving in certain situations but are very cold to the mother. After the birth of the child, the young mother and father start to grow apart gradually. There are no hard feelings between the two but when the child turns 3 years old, they decide to get a divorce.

The wealthy family, although they are hateful towards the mother, love the child very much. The mother and the father both want full custody of the child. The family, knowing that the mother is much more likely to get the child because that's just how these things generally work, make the mother an offer. They tell her that if she keeps the child and does not let the father have custody, they will withdraw all support (financial and emotional) for the child. He will grow up penniless and poor. However, if she never mentions the deal to the father or child but just lets the father have custody of the child, they will let the child grow up in their mansion and go to Harvard and he will pretty much have everything he could ever want.

In a full-length essay, please explain:
A. What should she do?
B. Is she a good mother?
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:04 pm

Wouldn't the courts have something to say about the father withdrawing all financial support?
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:07 pm

This is why you should get a pre-nup.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:15 pm

A full length essay? Geez ok...

The mother should take the money
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:16 pm

acsguitar wrote:A full length essay? Geez ok...

The mother should take the money

and run

hoo hoo hooo
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:20 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Wouldn't the courts have something to say about the father withdrawing all financial support?

Exactly.

I would fight for my child, no matter if we would end up being dirt poor or not. My "mother" gave up on me when I was very young without a fight, and I can never forgive her for that. The judge would have to tell me to my face that I could never see my child again.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:22 pm

There has to be a compromise. If a gun is pointed at my head. I'll take my chances and see the rich family in court
Last edited by PlayingWithFire on Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:22 pm

The mother should keep the child. If the family withdraws all support of the child then they really never cared for it anyway.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 463)

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:26 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:The mother should keep the child. If the family withdraws all support of the child then they really never cared for it anyway.

Ding ding ding

We have a winner. I completely agree with Pogo. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Re: Important question:

Postby JTWood » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:29 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:A man and a woman are very much in love and decide to get married. She is very poor but he is the only son of a very rich family. The years pass by and they have a child, who is adorable and lovable and the pride of the family. Unfortunately, the rich family has never cared for the wife. They can be very kind and loving in certain situations but are very cold to the mother. After the birth of the child, the young mother and father start to grow apart gradually. There are no hard feelings between the two but when the child turns 3 years old, they decide to get a divorce.

The wealthy family, although they are hateful towards the mother, love the child very much. The mother and the father both want full custody of the child. The family, knowing that the mother is much more likely to get the child because that's just how these things generally work, make the mother an offer. They tell her that if she keeps the child and does not let the father have custody, they will withdraw all support (financial and emotional) for the child. He will grow up penniless and poor. However, if she never mentions the deal to the father or child but just lets the father have custody of the child, they will let the child grow up in their mansion and go to Harvard and he will pretty much have everything he could ever want.

In a full-length essay, please explain:
A. What should she do?
B. Is she a good mother?

AA... Are you trying to tell us something about your life?

:-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Next

Return to General Talk