62-63 or 64 Dodgers baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia

62-63 or 64 Dodgers baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

62-63 or 64 Dodgers baseball

Postby anna7 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:36 pm

I have a baseball signed by 7 of the LA Dodgers baseball players from either 62, 63 or 64, my mother-in-law gave it to me and she is 59 now, says she got it when she was 16, so, by calculation, it is around those dates, anywho, I know it is signed by Don Drysdale, Ron Fairly, and Wally Moon, but I can't make out the other signatures to see who else it was signed by. I was wondering if anyone may be able to help me figure out who the other signatures belong to, if there was somewhere I can compare the signatures or if someone has that kind of knowledge where I can just email them digital pictures and they could figure it out. Also, am looking for what this ball may be worth, I don't know much about what this may be worth but it seems to be in great condition, but I'm no expert, it's not faded though a little beige color, don't know if that is what it originally was or if it's just age, the signatures look like they could have signed it yesterday, it's been in a box the past, well, since it's been signed and it has one little brown spot on it, don't know what from, but otherwise in great condition, I'm sure knowing who else signed the ball would be helpful in figuring it's going price or what it is worth. Any help is great, thanks
anna7 Beginner
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:37 pm

Sounds like an interesting find. :-)

You can upload the photos at:

http://www.imageshack.us/

And then post the pictures here using the IMG tags. That might help get you a better answer to your question. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

figured it out plus

Postby anna7 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:38 am

okay, my friend helped me out, so, here is who signed the ball, and a few other tidbits, I now just need to find out how much it is worth, it is a 1961 LA Dodgers baseball that was actually used in a game, which is why it is dirty looking, and the brown mark on it is actually the place where the pitcher would place his thumb, I believe that is the finger, so this ball was actually used during a game, it is signed by coach Clay Bryant
and players
Duke Snider, Gordie Windhorn, Tim Harkness, Don Drysdale, Ron Fairly, and Wally Moon. So, if anyone has any idea how much this may be worth or how much it would go for, that would be great, I am very interested in selling it, thanks
anna7 Beginner
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Baseball Cards and Memorabilia