Divorced
No votes
Other (separated, widow, etc)
2%
Single but attached
30%

Total votes : 56

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:45 pm

davidmarver wrote:Nearly three years here. 19 and enjoying every minute of it, though I can say college presents some difficulties.

So wait.. you've been married since you were sixteen? That's something else...
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:49 pm

Simulacrum wrote:
davidmarver wrote:Nearly three years here. 19 and enjoying every minute of it, though I can say college presents some difficulties.

So wait.. you've been married since you were sixteen? That's something else...

Wow that sounds horrible
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby josebach » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:02 pm

bigh0rt wrote:All I have to do is let the beast out of the cage and I should be alright...

Hey, I resemble that remark!

I've been with my wife for 5 years (married for 2 1/2) and I've never been happier. I had quite a few girlfriends before I met my wife, but none of them were even close to being "the one". For me anyway, I think it was a combination of luck and not settling that made things work out for me the way they have. I would date, but if after a few weeks I determined that she wasn't "the one", i would stop seeing her. I was never afraid to be alone. The way I see it, if you're spending your time with a girl/guy that you know isn't the one, you could be missing your opportunity to meet the right one.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:07 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
I think at times people do take their significant others for granted - whether it's unintentional or otherwise - maybe because they believe the other half will always be there.

This would be precisely where I'm at. My initial reaction to the entire split up was shock. Because I truthfully had never even considered the possibility of her not being here anymore. Stupid on my end, sure, but it's not the first or last stupid thing I've done or will do in a relationship, and I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in having made this mistake.

I wouldn't say you were stupid for taking her for granted, as we all learn life's lessons at different times and sometimes the lessons vary from person to person. Personally, I learned this at age 14 when I had my first relationship with a girl that went beyond friendship (but I'd classify it as a little thing called lust, which is the same mistake I made in my 2nd relationship. Go figure, but I digress.). At that age, I really believed that I made my point with that girl and that I convinced myself I could go have anyone I wanted, but of course, that was a mistake waiting to happen and I paid for it. I think for the very first time in my life, I didn't take for granted my last ex at all because I knew things are fleeting and even though we love to believe that love is infinite, love CAN be a finite thing in reality.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:16 pm

josebach wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:All I have to do is let the beast out of the cage and I should be alright...

Hey, I resemble that remark!

I've been with my wife for 5 years (married for 2 1/2) and I've never been happier. I had quite a few girlfriends before I met my wife, but none of them were even close to being "the one". For me anyway, I think it was a combination of luck and not settling that made things work out for me the way they have. I would date, but if after a few weeks I determined that she wasn't "the one", i would stop seeing her. I was never afraid to be alone. The way I see it, if you're spending your time with a girl/guy that you know isn't the one, you could be missing your opportunity to meet the right one.

I think that's a practical approach to dating/relationships, but the litmus test on finding the one can't be determined in a few weeks in some or most cases even, but longer, which entails patience and development. This might sound cheesy, but I tend to believe that people who have been good friends for quite some time, make better lovers. In the end, love is still a leap of faith that not only demands work, but luck and timing plays a factor. It's like starting a business. You may have the idea in place, the right people in line, the product already made, and everything else in between, but if you don't believe it will fly, then it won't.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby mak1277 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:10 pm

Madison wrote:Married for the second time. :-b

Me too. ;-D
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Previous