Divorced
No votes
Other (separated, widow, etc)
2%
Single but attached
30%

Total votes : 56

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:04 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Happily married with a 7-year old boy. I'm much happier in this situation than I ever was 'single'. You no longer live as and by yourself. It's great and I honestly don't understand the people who can't stand to be around their wife and kids.

What's wrong with the marriage soxfan?

The past two weeks have certainly made me see the other side. My fiance gave back her ring and moved out, and I'm missing things I wouldn't have initially thought I'd miss. While things were headed in the wrong direction, I loved any time I could get to myself to do this, that, or the other thing. If I ever get another chance, I'll certainly not be taking for granted what I've got.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:22 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Happily married with a 7-year old boy. I'm much happier in this situation than I ever was 'single'. You no longer live as and by yourself. It's great and I honestly don't understand the people who can't stand to be around their wife and kids.

The past two weeks have certainly made me see the other side. My fiance gave back her ring and moved out, and I'm missing things I wouldn't have initially thought I'd miss. While things were headed in the wrong direction, I loved any time I could get to myself to do this, that, or the other thing. If I ever get another chance, I'll certainly not be taking for granted what I've got.

wow thats rough hort..soory to hear....i dont know really know how i feel about marriage as a whole. because like i said before, i dont really see anything changing what is going on right now with me.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:27 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

Well I like time by myself as well even if I think my girlfriend is great...however, I can see myself missing stupid little things if she was gone.

However, don't think that wanting to do things by yourself is a bad thing. Actually I would say it strengthens the relationship

Sorry about your bad news my friend...how old are you?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:30 pm

acsguitar wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Well I like time by myself as well even if I think my girlfriend is great...however, I can see myself missing stupid little things if she was gone.

However, don't think that wanting to do things by yourself is a bad thing. Actually I would say it strengthens the relationship

bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:32 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Wow you are way young...how old is your ex? How long were you dating her??

You are still way way young so even if things seem crappy I'm sure you'll get back on your feet
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:41 pm

acsguitar wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

You are still way way young so even if things seem crappy I'm sure you'll get back on your feet

She's 22, and we dated for 3 years, and would've been engaged for another year tomorrow.

I have no doubt I'll get back on my feet. I'd just rather an opportunity to fix things before moving on, is all. If I can't, eh, oh well.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:47 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

She's 22, and we dated for 3 years, and would've been engaged for another year tomorrow.

I have no doubt I'll get back on my feet. I'd just rather an opportunity to fix things before moving on, is all. If I can't, eh, oh well.

yea give it a shot...any particular good reason for breaking up
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:58 pm

bigh0rt wrote:The past two weeks have certainly made me see the other side. My fiance gave back her ring and moved out, and I'm missing things I wouldn't have initially thought I'd miss. While things were headed in the wrong direction, I loved any time I could get to myself to do this, that, or the other thing. If I ever get another chance, I'll certainly not be taking for granted what I've got.

Sorry about the news, hort. I was in the same situation as you at 22. It's been two years since my last ex broke up with me and even though the pain subsides, it comes back to bite me every now and then. It's surely not easy, but of course, people deal with the pain that comes with breakups and it decreases gradually or immediately with some people. I know about four years ago, I would've found another girl the next day and hook up with her, but I've found that it doesn't work for me. Alors, here I am, kind of stuck in the crossroads, so to speak.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Coppermine » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:59 pm

That's why it's better to live together for a few years before getting engaged; something about that ring puts a lot of pressure on a relationship, living together or not. I mean, time has a different meaning as you get older I think... if you're lonely and in your late 30's, you may get married after dating someone for 3 months. Big deal though, almost 60% of marriages end in divorce regardless of how long you live together... it's just better to find out in the first few years before getting married, rather than being married for 3 years and having two kids before deciding you hate each other.

So much for the "sanctity of marriage." Kids are another story. I guess for a lot of people it's a take-em or leave-em sort of thing. A lot of times, people want kids right away, others want to wait. Most of our parents got married young and had us young. Mine were married 10 years before having kids and mom said, unironically, that it was the best decision she ever made.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:18 pm

Coppermine wrote:That's why it's better to live together for a few years before getting engaged; something about that ring puts a lot of pressure on a relationship, living together or not. I mean, time has a different meaning as you get older I think... if you're lonely and in your late 30's, you may get married after dating someone for 3 months. Big deal though, almost 60% of marriages end in divorce regardless of how long you live together... it's just better to find out in the first few years before getting married, rather than being married for 3 years and having two kids before deciding you hate each other.

So much for the "sanctity of marriage." Kids are another story. I guess for a lot of people it's a take-em or leave-em sort of thing. A lot of times, people want kids right away, others want to wait. Most of our parents got married young and had us young. Mine were married 10 years before having kids and mom said, unironically, that it was the best decision she ever made.

My mom had me at 34 and my sister at 40...I think they were married 10 years or so before having me but I'm not sure.

Anyways my gf's parents were married at 18 and had been dating since Junior high!!

She had kids at 19...good lord!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk