Guns N' Roses concert review - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Guns N' Roses concert review

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Guns N' Roses concert review

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:02 pm

so i saw GNR in Detroit this week, pretty good, even though it wasnt the origonal band and had some dude named Bumblefoot on rhythm guitar

Opening Band - some local band - i drank beers in the parking lot and then watched some of the ND/USC game at a bar inside the venue

Suicide Girls - yes, the tramps from the website came out and danced under the guise of a "burlesque" show which when worded that way my wife wanted to see. Every "dance" ended with them getting topless (well, with nipple tape :-t ). they should have just had a pole onstage, but oh well, it was mildly amusing...but when your encore is dousing each other with chocolate sauce and gyrating against each other you get a ;-D

Sebastian Bach - i give this a :-/ mostly becasue i had Skid Row confused with Warrant (which i would have rather heard)

GNR gets a ;-D overall, but if there is another tour guys, either realease Chinese Democracy so i can hear those songs, or dont play them

concert ran from 8-1:30 :-°
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 1337_Dude » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:06 pm

Sounds cool. What was the songlist? Is Axel as bad as he was at the MTV awards a few years ago or is he actualy able to sing the songs now?
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:16 pm

I saw them about 15 years ago when they did that tour with Metallica. They were terrible.

They are just about the worst band ever - anything after Lies isn't worth the MP3 it's recorded on.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:48 pm

Oh sweet, you saw them too? I saw them in Worcester back at the beginning of the month! ;-D

Sebastian Bach was alright but I couldn't understand anything he said and the guitars drowned each other out.

Papa Roach was decent...could actually hear what they played although I didn't know most of the songs. I wish I got to see the Suicide Girls instead.

Then for GN'R. If I knew you were going I would have given you some of the new songs (leaked demos). If you wanna hear them anyways just let me know.

They came on at 11:40. Everyone was bitching and moaning up until then about how late it was, even though they rarely go on before 11:15 anyways. The band themselves were great, but Axl's mic was messed up and cut out for a lot of the songs. When it was working, if he sang high it distorted his voice. :-[

So what'd you think of the new songs? I pretty much like all the news ones but I agree it's much better to hear them first so you know how they go and stuff.

About the new lineup. I think they're a very talented group. Most people may not know who everyone is because they haven't put out anything but once the record comes out hopefully the naysayers will give them a real shot. As much as I love Slash, I also love the new 3 guitarist lineup.

Sounds cool. What was the songlist? Is Axel as bad as he was at the MTV awards a few years ago or is he actualy able to sing the songs now?

Yeah that VMA performance in '02 was pretty ugly. Listening to their concerts on their '02 tour it wasn't pretty, but this time around his voice is almost, if not as good as back in the day.

Setlists:

Detroit: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo & Jam (with Dizzy & Frank), Sweet Child O' Mine, Better, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Piano Moving Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Richard Guitar Solo, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, Piano Jam, November Rain, IRS, Ron Guitar Solo [Mean Street, Don't Cry], My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Patience, Nightrain

Encores: Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, Paradise City

Worcester: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo / Jam, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Dizzy Piano Solo (Angie), The Blues, Piano Moving Jam, Better, Richard Guitar Solo, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, Jam, November Rain, Down On The Farm, IRS, Ron Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Patience, Nightrain

Encores: Madagascar, Paradise City

Sorry for such a long post but I'm as big a GN'R freak as you'll find. :-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:20 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Oh sweet, you saw them too? I saw them in Worcester back at the beginning of the month! ;-D

Sebastian Bach was alright but I couldn't understand anything he said and the guitars drowned each other out.

Papa Roach was decent...could actually hear what they played although I didn't know most of the songs. I wish I got to see the Suicide Girls instead.

Then for GN'R. If I knew you were going I would have given you some of the new songs (leaked demos). If you wanna hear them anyways just let me know.

They came on at 11:40. Everyone was bitching and moaning up until then about how late it was, even though they rarely go on before 11:15 anyways. The band themselves were great, but Axl's mic was messed up and cut out for a lot of the songs. When it was working, if he sang high it distorted his voice. :-[

So what'd you think of the new songs? I pretty much like all the news ones but I agree it's much better to hear them first so you know how they go and stuff.

About the new lineup. I think they're a very talented group. Most people may not know who everyone is because they haven't put out anything but once the record comes out hopefully the naysayers will give them a real shot. As much as I love Slash, I also love the new 3 guitarist lineup.

[quote]Sounds cool. What was the songlist? Is Axel as bad as he was at the MTV awards a few years ago or is he actualy able to sing the songs now?

Yeah that VMA performance in '02 was pretty ugly. Listening to their concerts on their '02 tour it wasn't pretty, but this time around his voice is almost, if not as good as back in the day.

Setlists:

Detroit: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo & Jam (with Dizzy & Frank), Sweet Child O' Mine, Better, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Piano Moving Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Richard Guitar Solo, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, Piano Jam, November Rain, IRS, Ron Guitar Solo [Mean Street, Don't Cry], My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Patience, Nightrain

Encores: Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, Paradise City

Worcester: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo / Jam, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Dizzy Piano Solo (Angie), The Blues, Piano Moving Jam, Better, Richard Guitar Solo, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, Jam, November Rain, Down On The Farm, IRS, Ron Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Patience, Nightrain

Encores: Madagascar, Paradise City

Sorry for such a long post but I'm as big a GN'R freak as you'll find. :-D[/quote]

Teddy pretty much summed it up...i'm glad we got the Girls instead of Papa Roach (i think i saw them along time ago)

Eagles of Deathmetal were supposed to open but pulled out at the last minute

yeah, the late start time didnt bother me too much, however, last time i saw them in 2002 we they started about an hour late which really pissed everyone off

as for the new songs, nothing was really all that memorable, but i would definatley give them a chance if the CD ever comes out...but if you know anywhere i can hear them ;-7

i would have liked to hear Rocket Queen too
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:17 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Eagles of Deathmetal were supposed to open but pulled out at the last minute

as for the new songs, nothing was really all that memorable, but i would definatley give them a chance if the CD ever comes out...but if you know anywhere i can hear them ;-7

i would have liked to hear Rocket Queen too

Yeah the one song I was hoping for was Rocket Queen but they didn't play it. Oh well, Down On The Farm was cool.

Funny thing about the Eagles of Death Metal. You can read it here. :-D

Check your PM box about the new songs. O:-)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk