Favorite Albums of 2006? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Favorite Albums of 2006?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby smoovethug » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:52 pm

DK wrote:
smoovethug wrote:Yes Lost Tapes is a great album. It's crazy to think that a compilation of songs that didnt make other albums is better than most rappers work. I Am was one of my favorite Nas albums when I bought it. Small World is a GEM and is still one of my favorite songs by him to this day with Purple a close second.

I do really love the Lost Tapes, don't get me wrong. My 7th favorite Nas album is still a great, great album. I just prefer his other stuff more.

Blaze a 50, Purple, etc. TONS of great stuff.

"Death of Escobar" -the unofficial bootleg- has some seriously classic stuff on it too.

You know I actually grew to dislike Blaze a 50, the beat just gets very annoying to me after a while. I mean the lyrics are on point but it's just not a song that I want to hear too often and is one of my least favorite songs on one of my favorite Nas albums. I know a lot of people that are high on the song though but I guess that's why everyone has their own opinion.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:31 pm

smoovethug wrote:
DK wrote:
smoovethug wrote:Yes Lost Tapes is a great album. It's crazy to think that a compilation of songs that didnt make other albums is better than most rappers work. I Am was one of my favorite Nas albums when I bought it. Small World is a GEM and is still one of my favorite songs by him to this day with Purple a close second.

I do really love the Lost Tapes, don't get me wrong. My 7th favorite Nas album is still a great, great album. I just prefer his other stuff more.

Blaze a 50, Purple, etc. TONS of great stuff.

"Death of Escobar" -the unofficial bootleg- has some seriously classic stuff on it too.

You know I actually grew to dislike Blaze a 50, the beat just gets very annoying to me after a while. I mean the lyrics are on point but it's just not a song that I want to hear too often and is one of my least favorite songs on one of my favorite Nas albums. I know a lot of people that are high on the song though but I guess that's why everyone has their own opinion.

Yeah, it's all good. One of my least favorite Nas songs is actually "One Time 4 Your Mind", which everyone holds in VERY high regard due to Illmatic. The chorus, the beat, Nas's flow on the track... All just very annoying to me.

Although I just received word that Nas will be having a concert at Nokia Theater on the 22nd, and barring any work scheduling conflicts I will be there! ;D ;D ;D
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk