Paintball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Paintball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RugbyD » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:53 am

Snakes Gould wrote:its always looked fun to me and i wanted me a few buddies to go together but its pretty expensive as well, so thats always stopped me from going.

on a per hour basis its really not that bad if you are only going to do it once or twice a year. just don't be an idiot with your ammo supply.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5591
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:09 am

It didn't look that expensive to me at all. Sure, you have to buy the stuff initially, marker, mask, CO2, ammo, etc., but most of the more expensive things are one time investments. We're not going to have to pay to play since we'll be playing in the woods, not a course, so that won't cost us anything. Ammo and CO2 would be the only thing I can see that I would have to purchase on a regular basis...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:54 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:It didn't look that expensive to me at all. Sure, you have to buy the stuff initially, marker, mask, CO2, ammo, etc., but most of the more expensive things are one time investments. We're not going to have to pay to play since we'll be playing in the woods, not a course, so that won't cost us anything. Ammo and CO2 would be the only thing I can see that I would have to purchase on a regular basis...


well if i were to go, i think it would be a 1 time event...i couldnt see myself going often, considering most places around me are at least 1-2 hours away..
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:47 pm

i went once and used rented equipment...my gun barely shot across the course and we were playing with guys who had their own top of the line rapid fire stuff...i almost got shot in the balls (no cup :-o )

it was fun though and i wouldnt mind going again sometime, but i'd wear the cup for sure
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:00 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i went once and used rented equipment...my gun barely shot across the course and we were playing with guys who had their own top of the line rapid fire stuff...i almost got shot in the balls (no cup :-o )

it was fun though and i wouldnt mind going again sometime, but i'd wear the cup for sure


see thats exactly what i was thinking too...i figured i go with about 10 of my friends and there be like another 30-40 guys with $800 guns blasting us..
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:22 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:i went once and used rented equipment...my gun barely shot across the course and we were playing with guys who had their own top of the line rapid fire stuff...i almost got shot in the balls (no cup :-o )

it was fun though and i wouldnt mind going again sometime, but i'd wear the cup for sure


see thats exactly what i was thinking too...i figured i go with about 10 of my friends and there be like another 30-40 guys with $800 guns blasting us..


we only had maybe 5 or 6 guys, and there were two regular guys

if you got 10 people or so you could probably play some 5 on 5 privately or whatever...at least that's how it was around here...you could play your match and then sit out while other people play
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Karrtertum and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Boston at Toronto
(12:37 pm)
Texas at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
San Francisco at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact